2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post but we need to get there first.

You could however use benchmarks to describe new signings.

100% better than Delph/Schneiderlin. Needs Davies to do the running for him until Gbamin returns.

I think you were a bit harsh on Holgate, he and Davies together is a different type of midfield but much more energy.

My view is that he, schneiderlin and Delph need to be replaced ASAP as their wages are far too high for their contributions.

Summer time when we have Gbamin and Delph in preseason we need a couple of new players to compete with them.

Until then, Sigurdsson is the best of a very bad bunch.
“ Sigurdsson is the best of a very bad bunch” True, and nowhere good enough, if you take away his free kicks and corners, he offers very little, very little indeed!!

Hahaha! what a joke of a suggestion.

Bolasie, Tosun, Schneiderlin, Keane, Iwobi, Klaassen, Niasse. etc etc.
None of them cost £45m in fairness. And apart from Schneiderlin none of them are on anything close to his wages.

His stats last season were decent which is his one saving grace. Based on his play this season, it isn't bad shout though..

If we stick with 4-4-2 in my opinion if everyone is fit he is 5th choice CM and 4th choice striker. He can't play on the wing in a 4. That is pretty hopeless for someone who cost £45 million and depending where you read is on £5/6 million a year. He needs sold if not in this window definitely in the summer if he stays until the summer he needs to be used as a sub who we can bring on to mix things up.

Considering we signed him as a finished no 10 and improvement on Barkley, its really blown up in our face.

I do still think that if he is deployed solely as a no 10 with runners in front of him, he can link up well.

He's just not good enough.

Seen things here that he was "better" on Saturday. Should hope so! He's been a liability all season. In a team full of cowards, we have Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the spine of our team. They will go through great lengths to tell players where to pass provided its not to them.

Being terrified of the ball as our "creative" midfielder, is not a good combination. He hides, he's slow, he doesn't want to know, but disguises it with a decent goal every now and then. Garbage. Sell him in the summer when we get a chance and hopefully recoup something like £20m to someone who only reads stats.

Problem now, if we put aside the fact that's he crap and well and truly past it, is that he doesn't fit into Ancelotti's system. Marco had a bone on for playing with a number 10, while Carlo currently prefers a 4-4-2. Sigurdsson cannot play effectively as part of a two-man central midfield. Sigurdsson cannot even be shifted into a wide position as he's just a crap out there as well. His goals and assists return this season says it all, and he's played every single game. No excuses whatsoever. I hope he's been told that he isn't in the plans for next season and he ought to start looking at his next move.

Status
Not open for further replies.