January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s playing as a false ANT, crawling down cuz he’s coming back from an offside position you idiot.
Show me the stats to back up what you say! You can't can you? You have clearly never been an arthropod at any level, and nor do you have any understanding of arthropidical (possibly no such word) statistics.

4 points off 6th I'll be furious if we dont bring in 1-2 by the end of the window.

Having European football next season would allow Ancelotti to attract a higher calibre of player than without it and 6th means you avoid the early round fixtures.

If we brought in a CF or goal scoring wide player and a creative midfielder I would put us favourites along with Spurs for 6/7th

Right back
Centre back
Centre midfield
Wide right attacker

Any 2 of those 4 positions and i think were on the right track.

Centre midfield really should be the priority and id be surprised if we didnt sign a top class player by the end of the window.

Hopefully also Brands can shift out a few more players

I would rather have another year without the duff uefa cup and it's negative effect on teams that are in it. Let Marco really get the team playing on a weekly basis before over stretching ourselves.

I am not even sure how much of a lure uefa is compared to actual Carlo and money.

The whole EL poor form is an excuse mate - the EL has had no effect on Utd, Arsenal or Chelseas form in recent seasons neither has it had an effect on Wolves this season.

I've said for a while the fans have used Europe as an excuse for recent poor managers like Martinez and Koeman who all would have struggled with or without EL especially Koeman after that horrific summer of losing Rom and signing 3x no 10's.

If we turn our noses up at Europe seriously whats the point in even bothering? We aint winning the league or finishing in the top 4 - for me its a chance to win a trophy and easier route into the CL.

The whole EL poor form is an excuse mate - the EL has had no effect on Utd, Arsenal or Chelseas form in recent seasons neither has it had an effect on Wolves this season.

I've said for a while the fans have used Europe as an excuse for recent poor managers like Martinez and Koeman who all would have struggled with or without EL especially Koeman after that horrific summer of losing Rom and signing 3x no 10's.

If we turn our noses up at Europe seriously whats the point in even bothering? We aint winning the league or finishing in the top 4 - for me its a chance to win a trophy and easier route into the CL.
Burnley last year bombed totally as a result and picked up as soon as they were out. Wolves this season, started really badly on the weeks that they had played in Europe, they have improved since, it does happen. Same as Stoke a few years ago I think. It seems that the bigger teams with bigger/better squads do not suffer but those that scrape in do.
I am not turning my nose up at it, I would just like to get a full season with Carlo and new signings in place before hand.

If we got Europe I would still be buzzin' and take wifey to another Euro away, she shops I watch - win win.

The Europa Cup is terrible. Typical money grabbing exploitation exercise by UEFA. Until they stop CL losers taking part and stop playing on Thursday I don't want us in it. Even if we did qualify - I'd love to see us refuse to take part.

Even if we had those two fit we would still need competition. If either got suspended or injured were back to square one.

Priority should be one centre midfielder to come in with Sigurdsson, Delph, Schneiderlin all punted out.

Then get a 2nd in summer.
Agree, Gomes and Gbamin are neither quite the player we need which is a playmaker and or box to box. And given the length of the injuries and Gbamin needing time to adapt to the league I would be surprised if either can contribute at full strength this season. So adding one midfielder at least is essential.

The Europa Cup is terrible. Typical money grabbing exploitation exercise by UEFA. Until they stop CL losers taking part and stop playing on Thursday I don't want us in it. Even if we did qualify - I'd love to see us refuse to take part.
I don't think they make very much money from it

Status
Not open for further replies.