2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not give our younger players a chance to step up and boot these has beens out.
The younger players need to be ready or we will make a bad situation worse.
It is difficult to know if we have managers who are reluctant to give youth a chance or we have young players at the club who are not good enough.
The most obvious player would be Baningime and if he isn't good enough by now then he probably never will be.
I think the next contender would be Ideniran and he did train with the first team at times , but is he ready ?

As I said Kev, you're a good poster, proven here.
We will have to agree to disagree on his role. I absolutely appreciate it's speculation as neither of us were in the team meetings. It just seemed so obvious to me that he had to stay high and look to be the final pass. You're right though, I may be wrong on that.
Good to debate.

Think he has to stay high because going anywhere else on the pitch would require running which he seems incapable of.

He's played much better when he's come off the bench when he has that SEE YOU CANT BENCH ME attitude. Then he's gets put back into the starting lineup where he's awful. Which is I guess a better attitude than Morgan, who just cares none of the time.
Yep. This. At least Iceland scores the odd goal from nowhere here and there to put a game away.

Whereas Schneids can't ever be arsed.

I think he'd be alright coming off the bench in the last half hour of games. He shouldn't be playing from the start again any time soon.

Dowell could not get a game at Derby and has moved to Wigan just this week. Hardly a ringing endorsement for his inclusion in our team.

Even so, I honestly can’t imagine he’d be worse than Sigurdsson! At least Dowell might occasionally run 10 yards with the ball.

We need Iwobi fit ASAP. He’s no great shakes, but offers so much more than Sigurdsson.

As Ancellotti says today, we have strikers who are good heading the ball, maybe we should get more crosses in. I think Sigurdsson on the right with Sidibie behind him could work. We would then have 2 very good crossers on the right and Sidibie could pivot beyond him. He is more like a David Beckham type player for me, not a hole player or a normal centre mid....

As Ancellotti says today, we have strikers who are good heading the ball, maybe we should get more crosses in. I think Sigurdsson on the right with Sidibie behind him could work. We would then have 2 very good crossers on the right and Sidibie could pivot beyond him. He is more like a David Beckham type player for me, not a hole player or a normal centre mid....

He’s got a nice hair cut. That’s where the comparison with Beckham ends.

More like David Brent. Winging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.