2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
he really wasn’t mate, he was good in a handful of games. About 3-4 leading up to the Anfield derby and then 4 home games leading up to the end of the season
Can agree to disagree mate.

I'd have no issues with punting him now, for what it's worth.

One of about 10 players - including a new signing or two - that need to go, probably.

I know he isnt played in his preferred position and the players around him are not set up to play to get the best out of him but , that doesn't excuse whole segments
of games when he has either been left on the sidelines of the game or hasn't even touched the ball , you can be off form ,but put a shift in, plenty of players over the years havnt had the skills to compete but made up for it with effort.
I think most of us on here as old or as unfit as we are could get at least a touch of the ball in twenty minutes in a game ,even if it meant running around the centre circle only and launching yourself at anyone not in blue.
This fella needs launching out the club , I can except bad form I cant except lack of effort, not on his own either.

No no mate, you've got it all wrong, he doesn't touch the ball for 20mins because he's a tactical genius and was marking a zone (ie fresh air)

As with Schneiderlin , no one will pay their wages much less pay us a fee for these wastrels.

We are stuck with them.

I agree with the point others have made about negatives influences and therefore we MUST get rid asap even if it means paying them to play elsewhere

As with Schneiderlin , no one will pay their wages much less pay us a fee for these wastrels.

We are stuck with them.

I agree with the point others have made about negatives influences and therefore we MUST get rid asap even if it means paying them to play elsewhere

I reckon we could shift Sigurdsson. We wouldn't get anywhere near what we paid for him and would probably have to contribute something to his wages but there will always be a club out there willing to take a chance on a midfielder who can score goals.

Of course they will be fuming when they realize he doesn't do anything else but that wont be our problem then.

I reckon we could shift Sigurdsson. We wouldn't get anywhere near what we paid for him and would probably have to contribute something to his wages but there will always be a club out there willing to take a chance on a midfielder who can score goals.

Of course they will be fuming when they realize he doesn't do anything else but that wont be our problem then.

Reckon the clubs who would have him such as Burnley, Brighton, Saints or Newcastle couldn’t afford his wages more than the fee can’t see him taking a wage cut....

Hope you're right mate perhaps the MLS retirement home might be persuaded to take him

Played out of position to cover injuries. Okay he has no pace and is misfiring right now, but the thought of selling him is ridiculous IMO.
Its like playing eriksen, maddison, D.Silva in a CDM role and expecting them to go box to box to assist like an attacking midfielder whilst defending like fernandinho infront of the back four, they just arent as effective as they would be further up.

Only special players like Gerrard, Toure and Vieria ever have the engine and quality to truly dominate a centre mid's position where they can do everything. Gylfi isnt in the same mould or level - not his fault though.

Personally id play Gylfi CAM and trust delph and davies to hold the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.