Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about all of these loans is we need to insist on a team to play them to make it worth our while, but teams who take them aren't going to prioritise developing our players over their own players and needs, especially in the event they do well we take them back. It's heads I win tales you lose. Dowell in particular has been so highly thought of, that he should've been kept to play and develop along with Davies. He'd have surely had as much time with us given the curcumstances.

Adedoyin going to Scotland was always bizarre to me. He's young enough that playing with the u23s should have been a good step up.

Connolly on the other hand, is almost too adaptable and has never nailed down a position. That can be a blessing and a curse with young players as they never develop into exceeding in a particular role.

Coupled with the selling of Williams and Robinson for buttons, its verging on criminal how poorly managed the whole thing has been. I recall reading Silva likes to work with a really small group of players so it's obviously been a case of him saying "I am never going to give you any opportunities so get out of my sight."

Awful
These are not pub teams we are loaning them to, they are professional clubs where jobs and careers are on the line as much as in the Premiership. We cannot demand that they be played, we would hope they would be good enough to get picked, if they cannot get into a League One team are they at the same time hoping to become a Premiership player at some time ?

I mean no disrespect to Hamilton but if a loanee from a Premiership club like Everton cannot get a game at Hamilton then I think he might need to lower his career expectations.

I would normally be inclined to disagree with that however Hamilton have had Sam Stubbs on loan from Middlesbrough and signed Will Collar from Brighton’s U23 and both have made numerous appearances in the league. Hamilton play youth, if there’s any team in Scotland to send a young player to for game time, it’s Hamilton, which I assume was Everton’s thoughts

These are not pub teams we are loaning them to, they are professional clubs where jobs and careers are on the line as much as in the Premiership. We cannot demand that they be played, we would hope they would be good enough to get picked, if they cannot get into a League One team are they at the same time hoping to become a Premiership player at some time ?

See the 2nd half of the paragraph you replied to. I literally said they are not going to prioritise developing our players over their own needs.

I was simply pointing out that in order for the loans to work in the way we would like them to is by insisting they play.

Basically, it's not feasible, and the system very rarely works except in the most extreme circumstances, ie, a team is short of a very spefic type of player or position and needs it to be filled. Similar to successful loans we have had, ie, Arteta, Fernandes, Pienaar, Barry, Lukaku. Other squad loans rarely have the same impact.

See the 2nd half of the paragraph you replied to. I literally said they are not going to prioritise developing our players over their own needs.

I was simply pointing out that in order for the loans to work in the way we would like them to is by insisting they play.

Basically, it's not feasible, and the system very rarely works except in the most extreme circumstances, ie, a team is short of a very spefic type of player or position and needs it to be filled. Similar to successful loans we have had, ie, Arteta, Fernandes, Pienaar, Barry, Lukaku. Other squad loans rarely have the same impact.
Many of them aren't really development loans to be fair, they're loans with a view to a permanent move. Connolly for example is not expected to come back and play, nor were Robinson or Williams. It's up to the players to do enough to secure themselves a contract while they're away. Robinson and Williams did, hopefully Connolly will too.

I’ve seen games he’s played in on TV here in Germany, he seems to suit the league and has plenty of fight and aggression, but he isn’t outstanding. I’d say he fits in well at Schalke and plays much higher up the pitch, so is able to get forward more but his attacking output isn’t great. The Bundesliga is also a much slower league which suits Jonjoe as he isn’t tall or particularly fast, no outstanding physical attributes. There’s no way he’d come close to replacing Sidibe in the team as it stands. Schalke fans love him because of his willingness to work hard and his defensive qualities, they’d love to have him permanently and I think it would actually be a good move for Jonjoe as I can’t see him developing into a modern full-back with the physical qualities needed to thrive in the PL.
Not sure I want Sidibe as our RB next year either

I agree . He's reckless and made of glass but he moves . I'm sure he passed the ball forward a few times too . He has to be an improvement on the last 2 clowns we had in midfield this weekend .
If we don't buy any midfielders soon , this has to happen . Desperate times .
I liked him but no idea how he is since his injury, shipped out on loan so I’m guessing not the same player

I liked him but no idea how he is since his injury, shipped out on loan so I’m guessing not the same player
He has had some tragic injuries and I'm guessing he isn't as brave or as mobile as he used to be . Still the question is , him or Morgan ? One is a nutter on the pitch who will give you all that his glass limbs can manage the other is a mercenary who is a defensive midfielder who hates defending.
I don't want either really and I'm hoping Carlo is slapping Brands about a bit and demanding at gun point that he needs at least two midfielders .

Connolly now the third Everton player to have his loan cut short. Doesn’t say much for our youngsters when they’re not deemed good enough for the likes of Lincoln, Hamilton and Derby.

If it keeps happening I'd suspect that it's mostly down to us calling the loans short and making sure they are playing elsewhere. These players often go for free (after all their developing our player for us, we'll be paying the wage) so it's no harm for the club who has the player to have him in reserve or on the bench, until the parent club comes asking and recall because he needs to be playing.

Reading sent us the young keeper back. Reading the fan comments from it made me shocked. They are absolutely made up he’s gone. Couldn’t catch a cold and isn’t up to the standard of championship football.

I would normally be inclined to disagree with that however Hamilton have had Sam Stubbs on loan from Middlesbrough and signed Will Collar from Brighton’s U23 and both have made numerous appearances in the league. Hamilton play youth, if there’s any team in Scotland to send a young player to for game time, it’s Hamilton, which I assume was Everton’s thoughts
Well the big differences between those two and Adeydoyin are age and experience. Stubbs of course was at Everton once, was 20 when he joined Hamilton having had two loans with English lower league clubs. Collar was 22 when he joined, been on the fringe of Brighton’s first team and I would guess played games for their U23s . Adeydoyin was 18 when he joined Hamilton and has never played for our 23s. I don’t have an issue with Hamilton or Scottish football, I remember watching James Maddison doing really well when at Aberdeen, but he turned 21 when there and had already played lower league first team football in England. . With hindsight it is easy to say Adeydoyin had neither the age or the experience when he joined Hamilton, it was a gamble that didn’t work.

I go to watch my local side quite abit ( burton Albion) and was delighted when Nathan broadhead signed on loan, lad barely gets a chance on the bench right now, when he has played he’s done alright to be fair, shows good pace and control but could release the ball or shoot earlier ( the whole burton team seem to hang onto it and only shoot at last resort)
If I remember rightly, he was injured in one of the games, so he might be recovering (at least, that's what I assumed).

Hey everyone,

Having spoken to some accies fans and from what I’ve seen on twitter, the general consensus is that if Adedoyin is to become a decent player, he needs to sort out his attitude. Many have said the club wanted rid of him quite quickly as he was more interested in boasting about wages and facilities than training hard and playing for accies.

He also didn’t endear himself to fans by videoing the celebrations of Rangers players from the away end during the game at Ibrox

The boy has potential but needs to sort out his attitude to push on

Wages the young ones are on in this country is a huge problem in my eyes, half of them have no hunger when they earn good money for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.