2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, he can take the blame for not turfing Sidibe off when the lad couldn't take a simple touch.

He can take the blame for leaving the one player we had capable of getting between the lines on the bench until the 80th min.

It's not saying he's a bad manager, or a bad appointment. He's a brilliant manager.

But he made mistakes today and against City that were very basic and for a manager of his quality I'd like to hope he won't make them again, regardless of the personnel.
His only mistake was trusting our spineless useless players with being able to pass to each other

We lost to a wonder strike we have no midfield our other options are Delph and Davies you know the other players fans call crap as well? We don't have much options in the midfield, We blew 3 easy chances and didn't turn up 2nd half because they played possession football, It's embarrassing but not the end of the world.

In an ideal world mate we'd have Gbamim and Gomes in the middle of the park and Delph would be 3rd choice, Davies 4th choice and Morgan and Gylfi living on the moon.

A new midfielder is an absolute must mate to avoid having to play some of these tits who have taken the absolute piss out of us today.

even if you stuck the best CM in the world in there it wouldn’t help. Complete new CM pairing required. One player can’t carry the whole team... sadly!

Imagine having to pick a midfield from the likes of Schneiderlin , Sigurdsson , Davies and Delph when you before had Players such as Zidane , Pirlo , Seedorf , Modric , Kroos , Lampard , Ballack , Rui Costa lining your midfield !

Ancelotti must have thought he was on Jeremy Beadle sketch when he took his first training session at Finch Farm and seen the likes of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin and was informed they were his midfield players.

His only mistake was trusting our spineless useless players with being able to pass to each other

But he had the opportunity to change things and didn't.

I think it's fair to criticise him for that.

I'll reiterate - proper chuffed we've got him, he's world class. Our squad is garbage. Brands is on his last chance because tbh if not for Ancelotti we'd have no chance of attracting the level of player needed to improve us.

We've got to bin off half of the squad in the next two windows. It's a crapshow, I know.

But that isn't an excuse for not turfing Sidibe (who bloody hell, despite Toffee TV's love-in with him because he can cross, is utterly garbage in games like this) off at half-time and getting a player on capable of running with the ball.

What absolute planks. A couple games in and a crap squad and already the analysis and criticism starts

He can absolutely be criticised for poor subs and poor tactics.

This is half of the problem with our fanbase. It's always one or the other.

The players were - and are - utterly crap.

Carlo, today, was also a bit crap.

Not sure what some people expect off a new manager after 2 weeks working at the club with a weak fragile squad. It took Klopp a few seasons before they started to play the way they are. Remember them celebrating a draw against West Brom?

Those players though seem to panic under pressure and revert to type when it happens. Ancelotti even said they were too slow getting it forward from the back. This dithering meant our players receiving the ball to their feet were instantly under pressure from Liverpool when they were getting it, and putting the defence under pressure. Then we’d just lump it aimlessly forward and lose it again.

When Liverpool had the ball though, we closed down individually rather than as a unit (if at all), which makes it easier to play around and through.
Not start a Merseyside derby with this dross? Am I asking too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.