2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can’t take any blame, that team cost a fortune and they can’t even pass to each other, let alone attack. Needs serious work

Mate, he can take the blame for not turfing Sidibe off when the lad couldn't take a simple touch.

He can take the blame for leaving the one player we had capable of getting between the lines on the bench until the 80th min.

It's not saying he's a bad manager, or a bad appointment. He's a brilliant manager.

But he made mistakes today and against City that were very basic and for a manager of his quality I'd like to hope he won't make them again, regardless of the personnel.

nah

wouldnt be arsed even going down that line of thinking until we’ve punted half this utter mess of a squad

the CM had most of the experience in the team and were disgustingly bad.

I wont be over analyzing that horror show and worrying about what he could have done better or might have done wrong.

he is working with seriously flawed players in all positions.

Gylfi can really GTF. I don’t know why’d you bother posting this POV right now when the manager is by far the most positive thing around our crap club

There were basic things going wrong in the first half that we all saw on here. That's my point.

He must've seen them.

By saying he got it wrong today - he did - it doesn't take any blame away from the players.

The manager had a bad day. The players were abysmal.

We had 3 easy goals and wasted them all, Not much more he could have done.

Not more?

Sidibe made four successful passes in the first half and consistently lost his runners. Wasn't offering anything.

Why did he leave him on?

There's always more that can be done when you lose to a team of rezzies and kids.

Sorry, his tactics and changes were crap.

Again, this doesn't excuse the players.

Mate, he can take the blame for not turfing Sidibe off when the lad couldn't take a simple touch.

He can take the blame for leaving the one player we had capable of getting between the lines on the bench until the 80th min.

It's not saying he's a bad manager, or a bad appointment. He's a brilliant manager.

But he made mistakes today and against City that were very basic and for a manager of his quality I'd like to hope he won't make them again, regardless of the personnel.
Looks like you and I are alone here mate.

Some terrible management by Ancelotti today. No hiding from it.

I hope he knows what players he can now trust in the future.

God strike me down, but I agree with GB.

And he's put it more succinctly than I have.

By no means am I saying he's crap. But in the last two games I haven't really been impressed by his tactics. I appreciate it's hard to gauge, because our players are tosh and City's and Liverpool's are good - though we didn't have that today.

He made poor decisions today. From the starting XI through to the subs to the tactics.

Dunc Ferguson was telling him something early on in the 2nd half his face was blank......

These are the concerns I was talking about with him though, overqualified.

He won't be used to dealing with truly mediocre players who can't follow, what he would consider to be, very basic instructions for top class players.

At the highest level, there are things you just expect players to do, and be able to do. With this lot, he'll have to spoon feed them and some still won't get it.

It's going to be a big adjustment and a big wake up call for Carlo too. We're asking him to do a job he's never done before.

That would be the Italian game that has gone backwards hugely. Italian teams haven't won any Champions League titles in the last decade and it is 20 years since they won a Europa League/ UEFA Cup. Then look at the Italian National team who are now garbage,failing to qualify for a World Cup for the first time since 1958.

Why would we look to emulate that.

To be fair the Italian tactic is very effective without being eye catching. The league and national team is suffering from a lack of talent but that’s not the point.

The long list of Italian manager that won the premiere league(5 different Italian)is a strong indication that this style is highly suitable and easily adaptable with the focus on direct and high work rate. Two factors we desperately lack of.

Tbf he probably didn’t have a clue who most of these cowards where before he came here so he’s still probably just learning what he’s got to work with. Hopefully after today he realizes that’s not much and he bins as many of them as possible

Yeh I agree with that.

Like I've said, I'm thrilled to have him here.

We need three signings this window. All of them for the core of our team and all have to be genuine quality. It's mental the state we're in.

But, that doesn't excuse him not doing the basics today either.

It's not like it's a black mark against him already. I'm just frustrated that a world class manager, one of the most successful in the game, couldn't see obvious things. Or if he did, didn't change them.

Until he gets in 3-4 of his own players into that starting 11 he needed to have played it long these past 2 games.

Save all this fancy 5-3-2 once we have a top CF, Creative midfielder and dominant CB in the side.

Only positive to come out of this is hopefully we'll bring in 1-2 more this month than maybe what he was initially planning.

Last edited:
Got it proper wrong today no doubt about it.

He'll know it as well.

Hopefully all today's embarrassment does is speed up some signings which are needed now, not at the end of the month on deadline day.

I'll give him this much he's still getting to know the players on a footballing and personal level, the next 6 months he will realise who he can rely on and who has a future here

Status
Not open for further replies.