2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mate, if it wasn't then it'd be Davies and Delph but I know what you mean. I'd rather have my 64 year old mum in the middle than Morgan or Gylfi

All we can say is he's given them a chance, they've absolutely made him look like a tit and embarrassed us AGAIN and hopefully new signings are brought in quicker.
I hope so mate. Happy to give DonCarlo a break, but if it happens again then surely others should be concerned by that decision.

This is why I was worried about people getting carried away with results under Ferguson. He knew we were rubbish and he basically tried to bypass the midfield to negate their rubbishness. Long term that’s not an option though, it’s why silva didn’t do it and why Ancelotti isn’t. They’re not stupid, but long term you can’t just pretend your midfield doesn’t exist.

I dunno. It’s worked out ok for Klopp lol

I hope so mate. Happy to give DonCarlo a break, but if it happens again then surely others should be concerned by that decision.

In an ideal world mate we'd have Gbamim and Gomes in the middle of the park and Delph would be 3rd choice, Davies 4th choice and Morgan and Gylfi living on the moon.

A new midfielder is an absolute must mate to avoid having to play some of these tits who have taken the absolute piss out of us today.

To be fair the Italian tactic is very effective without being eye catching. The league and national team is suffering from a lack of talent but that’s not the point.

The long list of Italian manager that won the premiere league(5 different Italian)is a strong indication that this style is highly suitable and easily adaptable with the focus on direct and high work rate. Two factors we desperately lack of.

There are only four Italian managers who have won the Premier League though. Carlo, Mancini, Ranieri and Conte.

With the exception of Ranieri at Leicester the others were at Clubs with unlimited funds and superstar squads.

For me should have been:

Bernard Delph Davies Walcott

This Sidibe on the wing thing hasnt worked since Burnley.
I can only assume, or at least I'm hoping anyways, that the starting midfield was due to fatigue or niggles. Otherwise, if that was his decision based on training performance, God help us all ;)

In an ideal world mate we'd have Gbamim and Gomes in the middle of the park and Delph would be 3rd choice, Davies 4th choice and Morgan and Gylfi living on the moon.

A new midfielder is an absolute must mate to avoid having to play some of these tits who have taken the absolute piss out of us today.
:locked:

Imagine having to pick a midfield from the likes of Schneiderlin , Sigurdsson , Davies and Delph when you before had Players such as Zidane , Pirlo , Seedorf , Modric , Kroos , Lampard , Ballack , Rui Costa ect ect lining your midfield !

Not sure what some people expect off a new manager after 2 weeks working at the club with a weak fragile squad. It took Klopp a few seasons before they started to play the way they are. Remember them celebrating a draw against West Brom?

Those players though seem to panic under pressure and revert to type when it happens. Ancelotti even said they were too slow getting it forward from the back. This dithering meant our players receiving the ball to their feet were instantly under pressure from Liverpool when they were getting it, and putting the defence under pressure. Then we’d just lump it aimlessly forward and lose it again.

When Liverpool had the ball though, we closed down individually rather than as a unit (if at all), which makes it easier to play around and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.