Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri and Usminov may be very wealthy men but the clubs finances as a business are a mess. Getting the money into the business and meeting our regulatory commitments is a challenge as i have mentioned and as you can see below.

Projected from May 18 - May 19 (doesn't include this summer spending/sales etc):

Total income: 175mill
Profit on player sales: 13 mill

Wages: 145mill
Other Operating costs: 40mill
Depreciation: 4 mill
Amort 80 mill
Exceptional costs: 12 mill
Interest: 2k

Projected on subjective figures 90 -100 mill loss.

* Depending on planning decision of BMD before March we may be able to write 30 mill off but wont be in this set of accounts.

* Doesnt include whatever equity Moshiri may have provided if any.

* We also changed our financial year from ending in May to June this year so may include an odd sale of anyone we sold in June 19 as minus on the overall loss.

Amortisation is important in determining our loss, but, purely from a cashflow perspective ( as opposed to a FFP / Football rules perspective ), it's neither here nor there. So long as we have assets ( basically players ) whose values are increasing ( eg Holgate, DCL, Davies ), then, as a business, we're fine.

Amortisation is important in determining our loss, but, purely from a cashflow perspective ( as opposed to a FFP / Football rules perspective ), it's neither here nor there. So long as we have assets ( basically players ) whose values are increasing ( eg Holgate, DCL, Davies ), then, as a business, we're fine.

Not so as far as my understanding goes mate, you are allowed a threshold for a loss under FFP and Amortisation counts toward that loss. So it directly impacts on how much you can invest from window to window, thus impacting progress. Its what i mean by regulatory compliance and getting cash into the business regardless of who is maybe backing us.

Not so as far as my understanding goes mate, you are allowed a threshold for a loss under FFP and Amortisation counts toward that loss. So it directly impacts on how much you can invest from window to window, thus impacting progress. Its what i mean by regulatory compliance and getting cash into the business regardless of who is maybe backing us.

That's basically what I said mate.

In terms of FFP, it's important, in terms of running the business, it's much less important. I'd wait till the AGM before fretting too much about it though. If Moshiri doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat ( in accountancy terms ) to alleviate the expected P&L situation, then it's a concern, but, despite his often bizarre public utterings, he's an extremely gifted accountant.

That's basically what I said mate.

In terms of FFP, it's important, in terms of running the business, it's much less important. I'd wait till the AGM before fretting too much about it though. If Moshiri doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat ( in accountancy terms ) to alleviate the expected P&L situation, then it's a concern, but, despite his often bizarre public utterings, he's an extremely gifted accountant.

Id totally accept that mate. ;)

I do think the whole thing congruent though, loss, FFP threshold, ability to invest, ability to progress.

It's interesting to try and think what's in that interview for Usmanov, it's not exactly a z-list celeb doing a 'My Drink and Drugs hell' with a red-top when they've got a book coming out, but you'd have to imagine Usmanov is doing a front-page interview with the FT for some kind of reason other than just a simple chat with a journalist to share random thoughts.

Its possible there's either something in there to lend weight to our PP application or as a 'Eff You' to Kroenke by saying that Arsenal could have avoided their austerity years during the stadium build if he'd have been allowed to run it and he'll show how.

I'm still dubious about how much involvement he'll have but I can only see his message as a positive one.

It could be a message to Kroenke to make a decision. With Arsenal looking like they could be out of CL football for some time and a costly squad rebuild looking inevitable, Kroenke may be thinking about cashing in. Usmanov may be letting him know that he may soon no longer be an option for a sale as if he does make an overt investment in Everton he'll give up any aspirations of owning Arsenal?

That would explain all the nonsense about what shirt he's wearing etc.

He has probably agreed a price for Bill's shares after a certain milestone has been hit so it doesn't really matter. Once he has bought them he'll own 83% of the club and has already stated he is not interested in mopping up the rest. So one or two might get wealthier off the back of it but no one person holds that many to worry.

It doesn't make sense though. If you are a billionaire like Usmanov then there are clear advantages to mopping up all the shares and taking the Club private. You don't need to have AGM's and there is far less scrutiny. It is also far easier to finance the Club.

What advantages does not owning all the shares have ?

It doesn't make sense though. If you are a billionaire like Usmanov then there are clear advantages to mopping up all the shares and taking the Club private. You don't need to have AGM's and there is far less scrutiny. It is also far easier to finance the Club.

What advantages does not owning all the shares have ?

What are the disadvantages? There is no one large holder of shares that could kick up that much fuss at any AGM and if they wanted to what would they say? "You aren't investing", erm...

He could easily like Kroenke did force all the small shareholders to sell up but he doesn't want to do that. So with the greatest respect who do I think has got a better handle of what can be done without owning all the shares, the person who owns the club or gwladysnight off the internet?

I want no part of this filthy money racket. Who wants to copy Man City and Chelsea? It wouldn't sit well in Walton where we remain humble people. Of course a few extra bob will be OK when we hit the dock road location, about 8 years from now at this rate.
Man City, Chelsea? Who wouldn’t want their recent trophies, only RS fans because they think they’re holier than thou.

I don't think anybody expects Moshiri to come out of it badly - it's how things affect the club - in fact exactly the notional reason that FFP came into existence.
Unless Mosh knows he'll be selling the majority shares to Uzzy basically a clean slate when FFP is concerned.

I want no part of this filthy money racket. Who wants to copy Man City and Chelsea? It wouldn't sit well in Walton where we remain humble people. Of course a few extra bob will be OK when we hit the dock road location, about 8 years from now at this rate.
tenor.gif

FFP only effects clubs playing in Europe, it is a break even rule now, as far as I can see this year's accounts won't be considered as we are not in Europe if we win the FA cup or finish 7th or 6th or higher!!! They will look at the next set of accounts when amortization will be alot lower, but we may well have to sell a player or 2 preferably home grown or someone we got on the cheap.. DCL OT Tom Davies.

FFP isnt just for clubs playing in Europe, we could be hit with sanctions without being in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.