Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm not particularly worried for the club at the moment - he has well over 100m in the club, he is obviously a serious investor.

The sums do become baffling though - why would he want to spend 500m on players to try and increase his (sic) ~100m by a modest amount ? Of course he can only do that because the cost of the players is against the club debt, not himself.

So, when we throw 50m away on a crap player + saddle the club with his millions in wages for 5 years - it does concern me, and it should concern fans - because that debt is the clubs - it is not free money from Moshiri.

If Usmanov helps the clubs income by sponsoring - or if Moshiri puts his own money in or buys more shares - that shows real investment - borrowing against the club does not.

(I should say, I don't know how money Moshiri has leant the club himself .. would be an interesting stat).

Last edited:

It's interesting to try and think what's in that interview for Usmanov, it's not exactly a z-list celeb doing a 'My Drink and Drugs hell' with a red-top when they've got a book coming out, but you'd have to imagine Usmanov is doing a front-page interview with the FT for some kind of reason other than just a simple chat with a journalist to share random thoughts.

Its possible there's either something in there to lend weight to our PP application or as a 'Eff You' to Kroenke by saying that Arsenal could have avoided their austerity years during the stadium build if he'd have been allowed to run it and he'll show how.

I'm still dubious about how much involvement he'll have but I can only see his message as a positive one.

Your opinion was posted as a challenge to other poster shocker
One like it done to you shocker

I can assure you it definitely wasnt, the chap in question asked me why i thought our finances as a business where a mess and i replied. That simple really.

Ive never thought of any post on here as a challenge either to someone or by some well else, its a discussion forum, thinking of it as "challenges" etc is a pretty weird point of view to have.

I deffo hope im wrong, just dont think i am.

Last edited:
@catcherintherye There is a definite sense now that this is our Get out of Jail Free card. Our last chance to break from the mire and get back to being real contenders.

Ancelotti’s appointment and the Bramley Moore planning application must surely give even the most pessimistic of Blues a sense of greater things ahead.
But first we need to start winning league games.The little unbeaten run was all well and good,but lose the next one and we're back in the mire.

Think it will be done by April/May tbh mate - 16 weeks they think it will/should take. I imagine the massively popular public consultations that the club held beforehand will help speed up the process.
Potentially a tad speculative - planning permission for the Echo Arena took 9 months and a week to be approved.

Erm.. no mate. All the specific items you mentioned were income and expenditure items, I.e go on the P&L.

You didn't mention assets and liabilities until there now when you mentioned debt.

As for selling Gueye for financial reasons only, well no that's just daft. The lad wanted to play for PSG. Pure and simple. And Lookman is rubbish. Sold for footballing reasons.

I think you have a preconceived view and its throwing your facts. You seem convinced we cant service our debts. That's fine and up to you. But you've not given one reason why you believe we cant.

Ah so if we sell all players to pay our debts and liabilities we should be fine! Good to know.

@blueblue posted a good rebuttle to be fair to him.

I also think you are dismissing the relevance of the accounts and amort to our regulatory compliance with PL and FFP rules, where both are critical in terms of progress and investing.

I dont have a preconceived idea to be honest, im very open minded, id be delighted to be dissuaded and envy the blind faith. Blueblue post has kind of maybe think a bit on a macro level and ill have a look into it on that level, but i still hold concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.