January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s terrible isn’t, joke of a club... surely we can have better rumours made up about us

Injured Everton midfielder to play in 'Iron Man' suit. Moshiri signs deal with Stark industries and says that further augmentation is on the way following the successful cloning of Leighton Baines and the controversial Jordan Pickford Neville Southall headswap.

Lionel Messi's family thanked Everton FC for their continuing help following the Argentinian's Christmas day dramatic appearance at Finch Farm. According to a spokesman, 'Lionel became obsessed with eating scouse and insists that he can only finish his footballing career with a ready supply of the delicious dish, a speciality of the region'. FC Barcelona have reluctantly accepted that his time there is at an end and are preparing to cancel his contract. Debate now centres on whether Messi could displace Icelandic wizard Gylfi Sigurddson from the Toffees squad.

What's the lad like from Bordeaux we are linked with, maja.
Showed very little in the championship got off to a flier in L1 15 goals before we sold him some very smart goals in a crap league hes not the quickest but has got good feet and tbh if you bought him he'd be 3rd or 4th choice. Im sure you were linked with him before his move to Bordeaux it could be just lazy journalists or your interest could be real

Without sounding like he who can't be named on this forum, I defo think we need to temper expectations a tiny bit in terms of ffp.

We clearly need to ship a few out before we spend.

Likes of tosun, schneiderlin, Walcott and maybe sigurdsson will be so hard to move on, and we're highly unlikely to make any profit on them.

For me I'd look to move on St Thomas of west Derby.

Any fee would be pure profit, I think he would command a fee north of 20. Don't think he's the worst player in the world but just don't see him hitting the heights we'd all love.

Option 2 for me is pickford. I'm not suggesting he's terrible, but I don't think he's performed to the amount we've invested in him. He has the England's number 1 tag so I think that could allow us to hoodwink a buyer into paying more than the 35 million we bought him for.

Also think you could get an equally competant replacement elsewhere and cheaper. Whilst investing the money elsewhere in the squad.

As an example maybe Henderson at sheff utd.

Having said all the above, who knows, maybe moshiri issues new shares which uncle ussy snaffles up and we go all city robinho era :cheers:

Wan Bissaka is class...very hard to get past him. I dont think any of our players have ever done so...

Rabiot bid is supposedly between £21.1 and £25.4mil.

Emre Can available for £8.4mil

Imagine that as our centre midfield for circa £30mil in fees.

Whilst those fees certainly are attractive, the €15m per year they are picking up (after tax) between them per year definitely makes them a bit of a risk. Would probably have to offer them more than that to swap winning the Italian league and competing in the CL. Can definitely isn't worth c£200k per week although I think I'd still be tempted by Rabiot.

Without sounding like he who can't be named on this forum, I defo think we need to temper expectations a tiny bit in terms of ffp.

We clearly need to ship a few out before we spend.

Likes of tosun, schneiderlin, Walcott and maybe sigurdsson will be so hard to move on, and we're highly unlikely to make any profit on them.

For me I'd look to move on St Thomas of west Derby.

Any fee would be pure profit, I think he would command a fee north of 20. Don't think he's the worst player in the world but just don't see him hitting the heights we'd all love.

Option 2 for me is pickford. I'm not suggesting he's terrible, but I don't think he's performed to the amount we've invested in him. He has the England's number 1 tag so I think that could allow us to hoodwink a buyer into paying more than the 35 million we bought him for.

Also think you could get an equally competant replacement elsewhere and cheaper. Whilst investing the money elsewhere in the squad.

As an example maybe Henderson at sheff utd.

Having said all the above, who knows, maybe moshiri issues new shares which uncle ussy snaffles up and we go all city robinho era :cheers:
Pickford was 25 mil plus 5mil in add ons mate.
If the add ons are based on league position & europe we wont have paid much of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.