Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about not watching Coronation St anymore because the story line has become so ridiculous, and having read this thread up to the
end of the match I'm having the same thoughts about coming here. A few dozen posts were insane. I'd usually add an IMO here, but not in this case. It's a matter of fact.

I'm not going to name names, or say 'you know who you are', because you probably wouldn't. One post that stood out said in part 'Gabriel Jesus is crap'.
I don't remember who it was and there were probably even more ridiculous opinions posted, but I had to get this off my chest, and no, I won't stop coming
here because I'm addicted to it.
I have found Coro St pretty daft as well: hardman Gary Windass, boring Daniel and boring Gemma and Chesney...the show needs new scriptwriters imo

Prior to the match, one of the commentators on NBC predicted this to end Man City 3 - 0 Everton.

In an ideal world he'd have put a very large bet down on that outcome.

There's been a massive overreaction to the defeat yesterday. Yes it was a poor performance and as frustrating as it is especially when the basics aren't done right a performance like that was coming although it was up against a team like City.

It really doesn't help with our lack of central midfield and options in terms of rotation which is what we need at this time of the year. To be without Gomes, Gbamin and Schneiderlin too much has been asked of Davies. I couldn't really work out where he was being asked to play whether it was a straight swap for Bernard or a tactical change it wasn't working.

Hopefully a few days rest now ahead of Sundays game.

Bit of pragmatism eh?

He's only been here a matter of days.

People seem to be so extreme in their views these days... football, politics, so much more.

Game was ruined by two early VAR decisions. Crowd was very subdued apart from f*** VAR. We're singing it more often nowadays!...We all know it was set up to assist your bitter rivals LiVARpool. I thought you guys in attendance were really quiet at the game. Just a a couple of EVERTON chants. Usually you are amongst the noisiest at our place.

Happy new year.

I'm not disputing that pal. It's just that those on TV are get to know what's going on, whilst fans in attendance haven't got a scooby wtf is going on. Killing the game.

With respect, without VAR, you'd have been 1-0 up at half time which would have been completely unjust.

It correctly overturned the ref's decision which shows the system, although it needs further adaptation, works in the majority of cases.

It looked to me as we tried to conserve our energy levels and just frustrate City with no creativity from us - do that in the cup again and we will have the same result.

He started Sigurdson; he rectified it when he hauled him off.

Why pathetic from me; I was right.
He started him as he played in the last 2 games we won and he played ok in them so why wouldn’t he start him?he was right to take him off and he has to play better but ridiculous to question why he started with him after winning the last 2 games with him from the start.man city are one of the best teams in the country currently and we are not it’s not going to change over night it doesn’t work like that.the positives are there under ancelotti let’s give it time before you all begin the ancelotti bashing

I have found Coro St pretty daft as well: hardman Gary Windass, boring Daniel and boring Gemma and Chesney...the show needs new scriptwriters imo
Yes, I fast forward through the Gemma and Chesney scenes, Gary Windass was a weak wimp when he was bullied by a loan shark and that whole
scenario is so far fetched. I think I'm still watching until he gets found out. I don't mind Daniel though.

Status
Not open for further replies.