Time to Protest.......???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt think any of them were the result of protests mate, where they? Whats the deal with Mike Ashley isnt it him Vs the Gerodie nation every second week?

Man City supporters got the ball rolling with their protests against the terrible management of the Bernstein and Wardle era which had them all over the place financially. That led to the Shinawatra takeover, which led to the Arabs. Liverpool we know about. Villa fans ran a long campaign - including boycotts - against Doug Ellis.

Man City supporters got the ball rolling with their protests against the terrible management of the Bernstein and Wardle era which had them all over the place financially. That led to the Shinawatra takeover, which led to the Arabs. Liverpool we know about. Villa fans ran a long campaign - including boycotts - against Doug Ellis.

I dont remember any of that to be honest mate, i doubt they we're the percursor to attracting new investment, City had the infrastructure and Shimawtra just heaped debt on the club.

I dont remember a protest at Villa either, its ironic in a sense - Ellis had them with absolutley no debt and now they have Learner who this week prob exceeded there Debt beyond their annual turnover, its funny that a lot of Evertonians would prob welcome this with open arms, Villa are in a bad bad way and no mistake.

I know the fans we're furious over the road, but i dont think the Yanks flinched, wasnt it a boardroom coup reinforced by RBS and backed by the judicory, i dont think Hicks and Gillet would have budged or would budge now if they were still in control if all they were up against was a local fans protest - it had been goiing on for years.

I dont think protests are very effective myself, Ashley laughs at them, the Glazers have been putting up with them for years and im sure Robert Earl wont be shaking from the other side of the world.

The only protests i can think of were, the one across the road, Man U and Newcastle. I dont remember the ones you mention certainly in the sense of over throwing the powers that be in some kind of coup. I think there pretty irrelvent to be honest.

What ae people protesting at anyway the fact the board arent billionaires and that we dont make enough money as a company to make big transfers?

Last edited:
Mate, this is not knee jerk. look at our situation. if your happy with this. I guarantee your under 25 and have never seen a top Everton side. This is ****e whats happening right now. An the more people like you that except it, the worse state were in.

Ask your Dad about NILSATIS NISIOPTIMUM we used to stand by this...

on your side mate,but your wasting your ****ing time mate ! majority of evertonians have been brainwashed into accepting mediocracy as success,and so we have the situation we deserve :(

I dont remember any of that to be honest mate, i doubt they we're the percursor to attracting new investment, City had the infrastructure and Shimawtra just heaped debt on the club.

I dont remember a protest at Villa either, its ironic in a sense - Ellis had them with absolutley no debt and now they have Learner who this week prob exceeded there Debt beyond their annual turnover, its funny that a lot of Evertonians would prob welcome this with open arms, Villa are in a bad bad way and no mistake.

Yeah agreed. So far a lot of the examples offered up in this thread leave me a little cold. Newcastle I'd hesitate to call a success (he hasn't actually sold), Villa got sold and aren't doing well at all, the RS aren't doing well (the fans are happier ... for now ... but they've hardly set the world on fire on the pitch) ... of all the teams with protests, the one doing the best is ManU ... and they never sold. Oh and Shinawatra was sentenced to jail and is a fugitive -- whatever protests happened were the least of his bloody problems.

Here is my handicapping (my opinion ... yes I pulled these numbers out of my arse thanks for asking) of the possibilities:

On one side:

Protests hurt player/manager morale and take us from a tricky spot into a very dangerous spot. (15%)
Protests don't work. (74%)
Protests "work" but they can't sell (Newcastle). (5%)
Protests might work and they sell to a Gaydamak type. (5%)

On the other side:

Protests work and we're sold to a billionaire who showers us in cash. (0.0001%)

On the other, other side:

Protests don't happen and we get relegated (1%)

Put your own percentages together and do your own risk/reward calculations.

Don't get me wrong, I want the board gone, I just don't think that:

1) Protests will make much difference (and might makes things worse by impacting results and/or forcing a quick sale to someone worse -- and despite message board hyperbole there are worse owners out there).

2) If we do want to protest, to make them actually sell it needs to hurt them financially and not just involve standing about in the snow yelling at them.

Last edited:

I know the fans we're furious over the road, but i dont think the Yanks flinched, wasnt it a boardroom coup reinforced by RBS and backed by the judicory, i dont think Hicks and Gillet would have budged or would budge now if they were still in control if all they were up against was a local fans protest - it had been goiing on for years.

I dont think protests are very effective myself, Ashley laughs at them, the Glazers have been putting up with them for years and im sure Robert Earl wont be shaking from the other side of the world.

The only protests i can think of were, the one across the road, Man U and Newcastle. I dont remember the ones you mention certainly in the sense of over throwing the powers that be in some kind of coup. I think there pretty irrelvent to be honest.

What ae people protesting at anyway the fact the board arent billionaires and that we dont make enough money as a company to make big transfers?

You might not be able to remember them but they happened. As for the consequences of those revolts: investment is what you make of it I suppose. If you employ the wrong people to spend it then you end up in the shit like Liverpool under Benitez.

You say you dont think protests achieve anything. Right, ok. But what does accepting the status quo do? What does that achieve? If this was a few years ago after finishing 17th you could conceivably say that the new(ish) regime had to be given time to unfold plans and the manager allowed to steadily build the squad. 6 years later we know the board has nothing to offer and Moyes is not able to build.

I really think the burden of explanation rests with you. So, over to you: what will sticking with Kenwright, Earl and Woods achieve for the club?

Most will take this ****. And will continue for the next 10 years.......

From the response on here, were finished...

Sharpy am with ya lid, and keep the faith, after talking to loadsa blues this wkend, they are fed up aswell, more and more are getting fed up, it will gain momentum and people will eventually do something

Sharpy am with ya lid, and keep the faith, after talking to loadsa blues this wkend, they are fed up aswell, more and more are getting fed up, it will gain momentum and people will eventually do something

i will, and i'll still always go the game. But to many hippy who are happy to be bummed will keep us in the dark ages. We will not move on unless there's change. IT MUST START WITH THE FANS

Status
Not open for further replies.