2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been consistently improving and becoming a great player. I will never forget when I had over 20 people on here laughing at me for making a statement which becomes more evident every time he plays.
View attachment 74896
I don't mean this as a shot at DCL but Rashford is much better and has been really good this season. Plus Rashford has a creative side that DCL just really doesn't have.

Talk utter crap mate I am afraid, not always but often and defo in this instance.
Come on, how many times do you have to see his terrible movement to realise this lad is not what we need?

Have a look at the way he aimlessly accelerates sideways for a player looking to play a forward pass - he should be playing off the shoulder of defenders looking to turn them on their heels and get that advantage and be in on goal.

The lad is 'kin hopeless at losing his marker.

We aren't signing a CF in January. Kean hasn't even played yet.

DCL is scoring a goal every 170 league minutes at age 23 and you want to right him off because the manager said he can still get better at something? After he scored a fantastic winner? Odd one.

The Echo reckons its the position the club are looking to improve on.

You are arguing against Ancelotti's OWN words here.

This isnt another bum manager like Silva that will think hustle and bustle is good enough as it isnt.

We are 100% signing another striker either in January or the summer. This fella has worked with the best in the business and DCL isnt good enough for a club aiming for the CL - If Rom wasnt good enough all round DCL definitely isnt.

Come on, how many times do you have to see his terrible movement to realise this lad is not what we need?

Have a look at the way he aimlessly accelerates sideways for a player looking to play a forward pass - he should be playing off the shoulder of defenders looking to trun them on the ir heels and get that advanatahge and be in on goal.

The lad is 'kin hopeless at losing his marker.

LOL this typifies your lack of knowledge here. What you have posted there is NOT what he is asked to do by the last 4 managers. You still cannot see it, it is actually quite funny.

Every manager and pundit raves about him and the job he does, he gets picked ahead of 3 international strikers and Richie but you think he is crap.

Mate, go back and watch him, watch the job he does and ten comment. His game is not about goals ffs.

The Echo reckons its the position the club are looking to improve on.

You are arguing against Ancelotti's OWN words here.

This isnt another bum manager like Silva that will think hustle and bustle is good enough as it isnt.

We are 100% signing another striker either in January or the summer. This fella has worked with the best in the business and DCL isnt good enough for a club aiming for the CL - If Rom wasnt good enough all round DCL definitely isnt.
I'm not arguing against his words. I'm saying that pointing out he can still get better isn't saying he is bad. The Echo are cockwombles who haven't had much of a clue what the club is doing for awhile now. Remember when we were desperately bidding for Zaha and then we actually put one bid in a week before deadline day? That's the Echo.

We aren't signing another striker in January when that is literally the only functioning part of the team right now. I mean I just don't know how people can watch football all the time and think the only thing that matters in scoring goals in the forwards.

DCL is scoring a goal every 175 minutes right now. Until we fix the midfield and sign proper creative players that is more than good enough. And at his age he can still get better.

Big critic of his.

Really putting himself about (giving a Burnley thug back four a run for their money). Not snatching as much at stuff. Improve on his movement and his composure in clear chances and he could still make it yet.

Definately a useful player to have to regardless.

LOL this typifies your lack of knowledge here. What you have posted there is NOT what he is asked to do by the last 4 managers. You still cannot see it, it is actually quite funny.

Every manager and pundit raves about him and the job he does, he gets picked ahead of 3 international strikers and Richie but you think he is crap.

Mate, go back and watch him, watch the job he does and ten comment. His game is not about goals ffs.
Last sentence cracks me up!! Laughing meself sick at the thought of the No.9 of Everton not being tasked with getting goals.

And if his last few managers haven't tasked him with playing off the shoulder of defenders maybe it's because they know he's rubbish at it?

It's easy to jog along the front line, far harder to have that killer instinct knowing when to spin off a couple of defenders and time your move to perfection for a ball played into your path.

If the lad was getting caught offside more than he does it'd at least show he had the instincts of a predator or even a gambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.