Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kean is just a kid. If you're going to do that then have a word with him as he's coming off. And don't blag about 'I was doing it to waste time'. That just insults everyone's intelligence. Either he's outright lying or admitting to horrific player management. Love Dunc but lost respect for him on this one.

If he subbed him off due to his performance when he came on than rather than showing strong management its sets a precedent. The popular phrase is 'making a rod for your own back'.

I don't see any issue, Rico aside i'd have no issue dropping anyone in our first team

If they dont want to put in the effort, the effort that should be a bare min then you can sit on the bench and lose your place to someone who does

It was a strange one, but the managers reasons have to be respected he got the draw at 1-1 it didn't affect the result......1-1 Wasa good score could have won it but nothing to do with the substitution......

He was 100% right and he was honourable not to throw him under the bus when asked about it. It was obvious why he did it anyway. His entire game plan since taking over is about effort, passion and bleeding blue. His team is on their way to a very valuable hard earned point away against an in form Manure. You could see straight away that Kean wasn't giving it his all and making himself available as the others were doing and subs are few and important and need to make a difference so he was basically sending out a straight to the point message that there is no room in his team for passengers or instruction ignorers. If you arent going to do what i ask then you wont be on the pitch, simple as.

It is refreshing to have a guy in charge that doesn't allow himself and his team to be controlled by lazy bigger than the club players. That is one of the reasons why we are in the position we are before Dunc came in as caretaker.

Hats off to Dunc imo.

Don’t be so dense, friend. You know that’s not what I said.

I said “some” things shouldn’t have to be explained to professional Footballers.

Like, for example, “work hard”. Press, chase lost causes, keep it simple, run down the clock.

Do a job for the team. Kean, patently, was not doing that. Ferguson was sufficiently annoyed in a brief cameo that he hauled him off (as Marco did vs Watford in the cup).

How was he not working hard though?

Kean is just a kid. If you're going to do that then have a word with him as he's coming off. And don't blag about 'I was doing it to waste time'. That just insults everyone's intelligence. Either he's outright lying or admitting to horrific player management. Love Dunc but lost respect for him on this one.

Why, so the world can see, maybe somethings are best left away from the cameras

The bringing him off to waste time is utter waffle by the way, he's saying that to keep the issue in house

He's dragged him off because he's been given a task and not carried it out

You know what. i'm made up, sick of seeing bottle jobs and lazy little rats season in season out
About time isn’t it?

It’s ruthlessness like this that we needed.

It was obvious why he was dragged off. He wasn't pushing himself to the limit and his pressing was non existent when the other players were tired and still pressing.

Delph cost 8m, Hardly considerable

Brands was brought in to find young gems, Everyone was buzzing when Kean signed, Just looks like the lads attitude has caught everyone off guard

8 million for someone that is way worse than Phill Neville sounds considerable to me.

25 million for someone that is worse than Anichebe is Klassen levels of waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.