January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As those goals to minutes numbers show, Dom is being underrated this season. People go crazy when he misses chances but that happens. If he can keep this up the rest of the way he might just change the perception around him by seasons end.
Could score 20 and this’ll never happen.
I'm going to keep hoping that it might

3 more to reach 10 in all comps
5 more to have double figures in the league

Based upon his minutes so far he should be classed as a very effective 3rd choice option.

If he can hit 10 more this season then i think we'd be expecting a lot from him next season and to be pushing for a first choice role.

Look at the bigger picture my friend.

He’s shown improvement for less than half a season and has still been very inconsistent in that time.

Last season he had one of the lowest conversion rates in the league. Something like 8% Still haven’t seen his shooting improve much so suspect he’ll revert back.

He has missed 5 big chances already this season and has killed plenty more with loose touches and poor decision making.

If he continues performing like he did against Chelsea, he’s a huge asset. I just haven’t seen enough to think he will. To me that was an emotional effort from everyone.

Surely the bigger picture is to consider him a valuable 3rd choice option for a good team...which may see him improve further

I haven't seen enough either. But my feeling is I also will not have seen enough to decide 100% either way in the next two windows. And this season he's been legitimately promising so if anything I'd be more inclined to give him more time.

Hes still got serious competition now even if we are going with 2 upfront...

Richarlison + Kean are going to be pushing for one of the two places so he will need to be consistent.

The new manager may turn Tosun into Niasse as world beaters (snigger) or sell them and want to bring in a 4th forward which would potentially put DCL in a tough position.

His time is now, he will be 23 in March and i think we will be expecting a lot of signals this season to show that he will be able to further improve next year.

I think Ferguson was right to play him and Richarlison and Id look to bring Kean on for one of them as a rotation to keep them fresh.

I would stick with those three till end of the season.

Im hoping he can hit 5 more by end of Jan then we'll be getting quite excited about him hopefully.

3 more to reach 10 in all comps
5 more to have double figures in the league

Based upon his minutes so far he should be classed as a very effective 3rd choice option.

If he can hit 10 more this season then i think we'd be expecting a lot from him next season and to be pushing for a first choice role.

Surely the bigger picture is to consider him a valuable 3rd choice option for a good team...which may see him improve further

Hes still got serious competition now even if we are going with 2 upfront...

Richarlison + Kean are going to be pushing for one of the two places so he will need to be consistent.

The new manager may turn Tosun into Niasse as world beaters (snigger) or sell them and want to bring in a 4th forward which would potentially put DCL in a tough position.

His time is now, he will be 23 in March and i think we will be expecting a lot of signals this season to show that he will be able to further improve next year.

I think Ferguson was right to play him and Richarlison and Id look to bring Kean on for one of them as a rotation to keep them fresh.

I would stick with those three till end of the season.

Im hoping he can hit 5 more by end of Jan then we'll be getting quite excited about him hopefully.
If you strip away price tag and reputation there is really no reason at all to start Kean over Dom at the moment. That may not last forever but so long as we are playing two strikers it is clearly Richarlison and DCL who should fill those positions.

The new manager should not be permitted to buy another striker unless he is going to play two week in week out. We have three sub-23 strikers right now, two of them have proven to be fairly decent at PL level and the third was in the Italy team at 19. If he can't work with that than he isn't good enough to be taking over in the first place.

And for the record if Dom keeps up his current goals to minutes rate in the PL and gets to 2200 minutes or so (basically 25 games worth), which should happen if Tosun isn't needlessly used anymore, he will end up around 15 goals. Which is way more than a third option at 23 years old.

I know it was one game but I'm intrigued by what two strikers with the athleticism of Dom and Richarlison could do to teams if used regularly. I hope we see it again Sunday.

If you strip away price tag and reputation there is really no reason at all to start Kean over Dom at the moment. That may not last forever but so long as we are playing two strikers it is clearly Richarlison and DCL who should fill those positions.

The new manager should not be permitted to buy another striker unless he is going to play two week in week out. We have three sub-23 strikers right now, two of them have proven to be fairly decent at PL level and the third was in the Italy team at 19. If he can't work with that than he isn't good enough to be taking over in the first place.

And for the record if Dom keeps up his current goals to minutes rate in the PL and gets to 2200 minutes or so (basically 25 games worth), which should happen if Tosun isn't needlessly used anymore, he will end up around 15 goals. Which is way more than a third option at 23 years old.

I know it was one game but I'm intrigued by what two strikers with the athleticism of Dom and Richarlison could do to teams if used regularly. I hope we see it again Sunday.

Exactly, 8 league games and 2 cup matches to come by end of Jan.

If we keep playing the same way as against Chelsea i think he'll be sat on 10 goals (Richarlison also).

Do that and i think we may just be sorted upfront with those two and Kean.

Exactly, 8 league games and 2 cup matches to come by end of Jan.

If we keep playing the same way as against Chelsea i think he'll be sat on 10 goals (Richarlison also).

Do that and i think we may just be sorted upfront with those two and Kean.

I personally feel we’re sorted up front anyway myself. I know people wish for a superstar striker but I think we have a nice blend of forwards with pace, physicality, some can play wide, one’s a target man. I think all 3 have potential to be 15+ per season players.

We have so many area’s that need strengthening that I can’t even find a place to start. Need cm’s badly as I don’t really think any of ours are good. Some are ok prem players but nothing that all the other teams don’t have. The centre of defence is so thin and needs someone signed but they have to be first choice as anyone below the level of Holgate and Mina aren’t worth signing . We have plenty of wingers but none that can actually score with the exception of richy who I have decided is actually better up top with a partner. I guess getting a cb and reducing the goals conceded should be the priority but that also requires another dm to shield the back 4. Only problem is we have Delph, Morgan, Davies that all play there already but aren’t good enough. So we would end up with an abundance of Cm players. We really need to shift a lot of these players before we can spend big on first teamer’s but that’s not going to happen easily and especially not in January

Was reading yesterday in AS that Barcelona don't want to sell Rakitic now but may be interested in sending Carlos Aleña out on loan. I'd be all over that given our injury problems. Not a world beater but a tidy little player with a good football brain.

really like him. Barça need to be keeping and playing players like Aleña but I’d be delighted if we got him. Technically very good, lots of confidence and has a great attitude.

It pains me to say it, but maybe it's time we bought a horrible rat player like Morelos..

https://www.[Publication is blackli...n-rangers-player-amid-ibrox-transfer-mission/

....he might be a ‘rat’ but he’s also not very good. There’s one other decent team in that league and I don’t think Morelos has ever scored against them.

What has Iwobi done this season to prove he could be effective as a 10 in that formation
His decision making is the weakest part of his game
Played one game there in which he was very influential and if I remember correctly the stats showed he had more touches, more telling passes then sigurdson had had in any game for the last 12 months. Then due to injuries was played out on the left next game where he was poor, then dropped for a couple of games as a result then came back in on the left. The bloke is a number 10 all day long

I personally feel we’re sorted up front anyway myself. I know people wish for a superstar striker but I think we have a nice blend of forwards with pace, physicality, some can play wide, one’s a target man. I think all 3 have potential to be 15+ per season players.

Agreed, Richarlison, DCL and Kean are enough with perhaps Gordon as a 4th choice...

I think we would be better off going for:

Centre back + Centre midfield + wide right player

Couple of big monsters and a super right winger.

We have so many area’s that need strengthening that I can’t even find a place to start. Need cm’s badly as I don’t really think any of ours are good. Some are ok prem players but nothing that all the other teams don’t have. The centre of defence is so thin and needs someone signed but they have to be first choice as anyone below the level of Holgate and Mina aren’t worth signing . We have plenty of wingers but none that can actually score with the exception of richy who I have decided is actually better up top with a partner. I guess getting a cb and reducing the goals conceded should be the priority but that also requires another dm to shield the back 4. Only problem is we have Delph, Morgan, Davies that all play there already but aren’t good enough. So we would end up with an abundance of Cm players. We really need to shift a lot of these players before we can spend big on first teamer’s but that’s not going to happen easily and especially not in January

What I think we need in midfield is a box to box monster, a Vieira or Keane type who can dominate midfield.

He could play in a 2 or a 3 with Gomes/Gbamin.

Would make a lot of difference for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.