Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people assume that if you have reservations or concerns over Ancelotti that you want Moyes?

I would have Ancelotti over Moyes, Howe, Dyche, Houghton, Allardyce or any of the other bog standard, or worse, Premier League manager.

My preference is for an up and coming manager who can be here for at least 5 years and effectively do what Pochettino did with Spurs, but hopefully winning something, starting with he League Cup in February.

Good idea, let's get another young manager in who wants to try out new formations, tactics and play out from the back.

Hate this idea of us being a project for young aspiring managers. It's all about the now. And right now we need someone who can go in and realise our current crop are limited and not good enough.

We a manager who will dig in and grind out points until the end of the season.

Ancelloti would be a fine choice

If he come, then that is what I will hope for and he'll have my 100% backing. I hope he brings with him some superb young coach to do all the donkey work that needs doing. Imagine if he brought someone like Marco Materazzi only he was a world class coach (no idea what Marco is up to btw) and so was able to put all the effort in with the players and develop them into better players. It's not a stretch either as there must be a long queue wanting to work with, and learn from him.
marco Materazzi coached for 2 seasons in the Indian super league as a player manager.
He won thr title in his second season.
Hardly a glowing CV

I think we should go all out, like offer the man about 30m a year, if it fails....we should just shut shop and concede we are just jinxed. If this fella couldn't get us going I don't know who would.

Good idea, let's get another young manager in who wants to try out new formations, tactics and play out from the back.

Hate this idea of us being a project for young aspiring managers. It's all about the now. And right now we need someone who can go in and realise our current crop are limited and not good enough.

We a manager who will dig in and grind out points until the end of the season.

Ancelloti would be a fine choice
I want Champions League proven managers like ten Hag or Jardim, or someone successful like Gallardo. I'm not advocating a novice like Mikel Arteta.

I can understand people’s reservations, but no manager in the world is perfect. If they were they wouldn’t be coming anywhere near us. We’d be absolutely mental to pass us a top manager like Ancelotti. Still can’t see it happening like, and we’ll be seeing Moyes’ mug back in the dugout till the end of the year.

marco Materazzi coached for 2 seasons in the Indian super league as a player manager.
He won thr title in his second season.
Hardly a glowing CV
It was an example of an Italian who played for us, who could be a coach, not a manager, just a coach, working under Ancelotti. Maybe Matteo Ferrari or Allesandro Pistone? Doesn't matter. If Carlo Ancelotti comes he needs a first class coach.

I want Champions League proven managers like ten Hag or Jardim, or someone successful like Gallardo. I'm not advocating a novice like Mikel Arteta.
We’re not in the champions league and the prem is a different beast. Martinez has a very good cup record for instance but he couldn’t manage his way through the league.

We’re not in the champions league and the prem is a different beast. Martinez has a very good cup record for instance but he couldn’t manage his way through the league.
It might be a different beats but they've won leagues. Jardim in different countries. They can take us back up the table and be young enough to stick around to transform us into more than just a contender. Ultimately we all want to win things, right?

Thats why i put both letters in capitals.
Stranger things have happened in football
For example
I have seen Naisse score goals.
I have seen Kone actually play for Everton when many thought he was only a myth
Kone didn't just play for us, he scored a league hattrick for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.