Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer other options. If he comes in, I'll back him 100% as I would even Moyes. It's Moyes I don't want. Ancelotti I fear will be a very expensive mistake and that's the last thing we need as we are still trying to remove the wreckage of Koeman's expensive mistake (Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Keane).
You'd prefer "other options" over one of the games most trophy laden managers ....ever.

Well lets just leave it there eh.

You'd prefer "other options" over one of the games most trophy laden managers ....ever.

Well lets just leave it there eh.
Manager's can dwindle like players do at the end of their careers. This is a 60 year old Ancelotti, not a 50 year old. He's not winning trophies like he did 10 years ago. No one would dare question his methods 10 years ago. My fear is that he ain't the same manager he was. And to cap it off, he hasn't managed a side in the bottom half of the table for over 20 years. If we had one of the other options, got us into the top 4 and then had a load of cash to spend, Ancelotti would be perfect. But we are not there, we are still in the bottom half, 2 points above the relegation places.

Manager's can dwindle like players do at the end of their careers. This is a 60 year old Ancelotti, not a 50 year old. He's not winning trophies like he did 10 years ago. No one would dare question his methods 10 years ago. My fear is that he ain't the same manager he was. And to cap it off, he hasn't managed a side in the bottom half of the table for over 20 years. If we had one of the other options, got us into the top 4 and then had a load of cash to spend, Ancelotti would be perfect. But we are not there, we are still in the bottom half, 2 points above the relegation places.
10 years ago he wouldnt even be mentioned in these parts.

Whats age got to do with it ?
Lets just get the next Silva off the block ....rinse & repeat.....rinse & repeat.

He’s just turned 60, not 80

I was unsure about this potential appointment in all honesty. More so for the fact that I’d see him coming here as just another pay day for himself. However I’m sure he would want to come here and still want to prove a point and if he did at least it’s someone who would demand respect from the players. A proven winner and someone who has been at many top clubs and won all sorts everywhere he’s been. That was my gripe with Silva, a manager who had done nothing in his career and when Shyte hit the fan there was no way these players were gonna raise their game for this no mark of a manager. Appointing Ancelotti would be a massive statement of intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.