Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno losing the French league with PSG and ruining Arsenal do not scream success to me. He did well in the Europa, but never finished top four in La Liga. And at least Moyes has a successful couple of relegations scrapes behind him since leaving Man Utd

He didn't lose any French league? He won the league each season he was there. Not finishing top 4 in La Liga isn't that big a deal for a side like Sevilla, they are not one of the massive clubs, yet he won 3 Europa leagues with them.

He hasn't ruined Arsenal, he got them to a European final and 5th place. Nothing to write home about maybe but they were on the road to ruin long before he got there.

I don't think Emery is the correct fit right now. He is 10 times the manager Moyes is though.

He didn't lose any French league? He won the league each season he was there. Not finishing top 4 in La Liga isn't that big a deal for a side like Sevilla, they are not one of the massive clubs, yet he won 3 Europa leagues with them.

He hasn't ruined Arsenal, he got them to a European final and 5th place. Nothing to write home about maybe but they were on the road to ruin long before he got there.

I don't think Emery is the correct fit right now. He is 10 times the manager Moyes is though.
He didn't win the league in his first season with PSG, most people were amazed he got a second chance.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans because I used to live near the ground, every single one of them wanted him gone by the end. Literally all of them. They had a lot of issues with him, I would be very wary based on their opinions, because it sounds like he would just bring more of the same problems we already have.

He didn't win the league in his first season with PSG, most people were amazed he got a second chance.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans because I used to live near the ground, every single one of them wanted him gone by the end. Literally all of them. They had a lot of issues with him, I would be very wary based on their opinions, because it sounds like he would just bring more of the same problems we already have.

Oh that's right it was the cup he won twice wasn't it?

Yeah as I said I don't think he is the right fit currently, I don't think he is a bad manager though.

Oh that's right it was the cup he won twice wasn't it?

Yeah as I said I don't think he is the right fit currently, I don't think he is a bad manager though.
Oh definitely not, his record in general is impressive.

I think Arsenal had fairly similar issues to us though, only with a better base to start from. If he couldn't succeed there I just don't see any reason to believe he would here.

Oh definitely not, his record in general is impressive.

I think Arsenal had fairly similar issues to us though, only with a better base to start from. If he couldn't succeed there I just don't see any reason to believe he would here.

Yeah he would need time and I don't think he would get it here. We need someone to hit the ground running.

so either of emery or ancelotti will be our next manager, what a time to be an Evertonian ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.