2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
....not at his best yesterday but put in an almighty shift. That role is much more demanding when two play up front.

I still think he’s the most likely to unlock a defence with a single pass and agree that he’s most effective in a top third central position.

I worried about him a bit yesterday, on your old "playing the game like it matters" test. At times he's a little blasé.

I think there are still one or two issues with fitness. I think it's true of a lot of this squad to be honest, they aren't as fit as they need to be. He has wonderful ability with the ball, to be able to carry it, go past people and see a pass. Not many have a combination of those skills.

For the team yesterday though it must have been a bit of a eureka moment, as to what Goodison can be like if people put a shift in. After a similar occurrence against Liverpool last season we went on a really good run. I hope this is the same sort of wake up call for all of them. For Iwobi, who has undoubted ability he cannot afford to be caught strolling around the pitch.

The one that plays for Manchester United yeah.

And also Totti and Ramsey.

Wasn’t aware Toto did tbf. I’m not saying players don’t make a return after a leg break. However a lot of the time they don’t come back as the same player. Coleman , Oviedo are just two from us. Even arteta who “only “ some his knee was never the same as was yak . His injury is a massive one and assuming he’s going to come back the same player is not guaranteed by any means.

Baz T talking nonsense

didn’t see all the game, but he was decent

although it’s not his first season in the league, it is his first with us. And in a season of turmoil he has shown enough I think to suggest he will be a very good first team/squad player if we manage to stabilise and continue to punt out the rubbish he is currently surrounded by

Status
Not open for further replies.