Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands wont be rushing this, hes got his targets and hes gonna go down his list slowly and surely.

He wont be wasting time chasing those that defo arent interested, but if he thinks he has got a fish on his hook hes gonna use all his bait.

At the end of the day we might still have to go with Moyes, people still need to realise this.
If the only option is Moyes then appoint Dunc.
That atmosphere we had today would evaporate the moment dour Davey returned to the dugout and I am certain he would relegate us, as a consequence.

Leaving aside the talk about Brands being 100% behind Silva and wanting a stay of execution; he'd have been making tentative contact for weeks. That's just part of the job. Thursday night onwards a shortlist would be in place and activated. I think Kovac was one and he's been done now. Next three will be done this week at the latest. Then decision time.

Outside chance the new man is in for the United game, realistically the game after.

Hmmm, I thought you were dead set on Sir Duncan only being in for 1 game?

Personally I dont think Kovac was there for any sort of interview, I just think he was there, but if he wasnt on the shortlist, him popping in to watch a match might make him be!

You know we could need the time, there could be a few managers "worth" waiting for.

Im not suggesting we have a realistic chance with any of these names, im just spitballing, BUT.

Poch might have said not atm, he might be waiting to see if he gets other offers.
Gallardo might want to play his cup final first.
Carlo might be waiting for the sack.
Jesus might wanna play his World Cup.

You know its a big decision for any manager, so its not something that can be rushed, if we want a quick appointment Moyes could be at FF within the hour.

Anyway that win today has lifted a bit of the pressure, we are still down the bottom of a very compacted league, bar the top 4, a few wins and we flying high, but some more defeats and we are back deep in the brown stuff. Its a very important decision and im fully confident that everything will be considered properly.

Hmmm, I thought you were dead set on Sir Duncan only being in for 1 game?

Personally I dont think Kovac was there for any sort of interview, I just think he was there, but if he wasnt on the shortlist, him popping in to watch a match might make him be!

You know we could need the time, there could be a few managers "worth" waiting for.

Im not suggesting we have a realistic chance with any of these names, im just spitballing, BUT.

Poch might have said not atm, he might be waiting to see if he gets other offers.
Gallardo might want to play his cup final first.
Carlo might be waiting for the sack.
Jesus might wanna play his World Cup.

You know its a big decision for any manager, so its not something that can be rushed, if we want a quick appointment Moyes could be at FF within the hour.

Anyway that win today has lifted a bit of the pressure, we are still down the bottom of a very compacted league, bar the top 4, a few wins and we flying high, but some more defeats and we are back deep in the brown stuff. Its a very important decision and im fully confident that everything will be considered properly.
Gallardo maybe. The others I dont see.

I dont expect a big wait. Not mid-season. A defeat at united, the board know, will have nerves jangling; the Silva thing was so strung out that I fail to believe that back channels weren't being used by the DoF to sound out candidates.

Getting shut of Silva with no successor in place does not seem credible....even Moshiri had Silva 'sorted' the week after Koeman was sacked.

No, something is afoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.