Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your last line. Now I;'ll make you and @MarcelsGoat laugh: I;m hoping that Brands being there means we ditch that legendary tardiness and have someone who's been compiling a short list for weeks...his responsibility, after all, for a club in crisis.

Brands wont be rushing this, hes got his targets and hes gonna go down his list slowly and surely.

He wont be wasting time chasing those that defo arent interested, but if he thinks he has got a fish on his hook hes gonna use all his bait.

At the end of the day we might still have to go with Moyes, people still need to realise this.

Brands wont be rushing this, hes got his targets and hes gonna go down his list slowly and surely.

He wont be wasting time chasing those that defo arent interested, but if he thinks he has got a fish on his hook hes gonna use all his bait.

At the end of the day we might still have to go with Moyes, people still need to realise this.

It doesn't feel that way to me, tbh.

Remember that the only reason we had a 5 week gap to the Allardyce hiring mid-season was that Moshiri didn't square Silva off with Watford. Silva would have replaced Koeman the very next week if itld have run smoothly. Moshiri was quick off the mark there.

IMO a target is in place or close to being in place and we wont see a saga materialising with this one. That's why tey were specific over the 'saturday game' in their statement.

I also don't believe this search is just beginning. Everton's statement of hoping to "confirm" a new manager soon leads me to believe it had begun before Silva ever got his walking papers.

Then again I don't follow many others clubs so maybe that's common language at the beginning of any manager search.

I still think Ferguson will get United and Leicester games to be honest.

But our fans want ambition, and I think Kovac comes with the respect to show that ambition.

It doesn't feel that way to me, tbh.

Remember that the only reason we had a 5 week gap to the Allardyce hiring mid-season was that Moshiri didn't square Silva off with Watford. Silva would have replaced Koeman the very next week if itld have run smoothly. Moshiri was quick off the mark there.

IMO a target is in place or close to being in place and we wont see a saga materialising with this one. That's why tey were specific over the 'saturday game' in their statement.
I also don't believe this search is just beginning. Everton's statement of hoping to "confirm" a new manager soon leads me to believe it had begun before Silva ever got his walking papers.

Then again I don't follow many others clubs so maybe that's common language at the beginning of any manager search.

No I dont believe its only just starting either, people say "You should plan ahead", but its impossible, cos managers become available all the time.

I mean who knew that Poch would be out of work, not that hes coming here any time soon like.

But when I say slowly, im not expecting this to take weeks at all.

No I dont believe its only just starting either, people say "You should plan ahead", but its impossible, cos managers become available all the time.

I mean who knew that Poch would be out of work, not that hes coming here any time soon like.

But when I say slowly, im not expecting this to take weeks at all.
It'll be soon. I feel sure. All what Ive heard since Thursday night points that way.

It'll be soon. I feel sure. All what Ive heard since Thursday night points that way.

Monday will be a big day for me, expecting a few tit bits tomorrow, but I reckon Brands has packed his suitcase, got his Armani suits ironed and hes going to war on Monday.

Hes gonna put his phone on silent and button any calls he gets from anybody called Bill, Farhad or David.

Not saying he will get it done Monday, but hes certainly gonna be making a lot of managers have a look at house prices in Alderley Edge.

Monday will be a big day for me, expecting a few tit bits tomorrow, but I reckon Brands has packed his suitcase, got his Armani suits ironed and hes going to war on Monday.

Hes gonna put his phone on silent and button any calls he gets from anybody called Bill, Farhad or David.

Not saying he will get it done Monday, but hes certainly gonna be making a lot of managers have a look at house prices in Alderley Edge.

Leaving aside the talk about Brands being 100% behind Silva and wanting a stay of execution; he'd have been making tentative contact for weeks. That's just part of the job. Thursday night onwards a shortlist would be in place and activated. I think Kovac was one and he's been done now. Next three will be done this week at the latest. Then decision time.

Outside chance the new man is in for the United game, realistically the game after.

Status
Not open for further replies.