Homepage Article Marco Silva’s Everton Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice and decent man, but he was reserved and unpassionate to the point of real concern.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the warning signs were there from the away defeat to Villa.

We had the opportunity to be at the head of the Premiership, Silva and the players chickened out.

It has all been downhill since then, really sad.

There is no one more disappointed than me that it didn't work out with Marco Silva. Sadly he didn't have the experience to succeed with Everton. And I hope to God the board doesn't appoint Eddie Howe. He is another newish manager with some moderate success with a small team and will not be able to do any better than Silva.

He was never going to be good enough for us. I worried after last season that the late run was not sustainable because we weren't any better attacking wise and were living off of clean sheets. Losing Gana killed that plan and the attack didn't step up enough to compensate.

That said he's unlucky to have had it gone this bad. Between the VAR debacles, individual mistakes, mistakes with transfers and just bad luck in some games that we deserved more from he really got a rough hand. I don't think I'll end up disliking him the way I did Koeman. Hopefully he goes to Portugal or wherever and bounces back.

Good luck Marco, I cant understand how it’s ended like this, with a good run of results at the end of last season I thought we’d be flying this season but it’s ended with another manager gone, a lot of money gone and every Everton fan wondering who next?

Weak biff. Toodles. Show a bit of passion, communicate with your players on the field. Make changes to counter the opposition. Couldn't give a frig if he's a sweetheart, he's a turd manager and was never up to the job.

He was never going to be good enough for us. I worried after last season that the late run was not sustainable because we weren't any better attacking wise and were living off of clean sheets. Losing Gana killed that plan and the attack didn't step up enough to compensate.

That said he's unlucky to have had it gone this bad. Between the VAR debacles, individual mistakes, mistakes with transfers and just bad luck in some games that we deserved more from he really got a rough hand. I don't think I'll end up disliking him the way I did Koeman. Hopefully he goes to Portugal or wherever and bounces back.

I agree with you that he was unlucky for the reasons you outlined..........but the question is.......who is good enough that is attainable? I know the narrative is out there that Mourinho, Poch, Ancelotti and Simeone are the one's but in all seriousness who is good enough that we can get? That's four in a row since Moyes that aren't good enough for most on here so its easy to keep saying this but who is? To be fair to Moshiri, he doesn't have a crystal ball of who will and wont work out. Modern day Everton are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this hiring of managers lark.

I agree with you that he was unlucky for the reasons you outlined..........but the question is.......who is good enough that is attainable? I know the narrative is out there that Mourinho, Poch, Ancelotti and Simeone are the one's but in all seriousness who is good enough that we can get? That's four in a row since Moyes that aren't good enough for most on here so its easy to keep saying this but who is? To be fair to Moshiri, he doesn't have a crystal ball of who will and wont work out. Modern day Everton are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this hiring of managers lark.
I don't know the answer. But I think the process should be similar to when you try to find undervalued players. Who out there is doing good things and maybe not having it totally work out so that someone better snaps him up. It's what Spurs did with Poch initially for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.