2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see what people are saying about Silva having bad luck when it comes to midfield injuries but we have had Delph for most of the time , Siggy who's apparently a technically brilliant player , Morgan who is a veteran of top flight and England U21 captain . A coach who can motivate should be able to get a performance out of them .
Exactly. Sigurdsson, a 45m signing, should be able to do more than "sit in the hole" and pull out a world class goal every 20 games. He should have the ability to perform well sat further back, especially since he is supposed to be an excellent distributor of the ball. Delph is spoken highly of by Guardiola. Davies as you say captain of England. If you can't find a mid-table (even that would be fine!) combination out of the three then there is something badly wrong with you.

I think it says a lot about the shambles of the boards silence in all this when it’s almost of week soon since the Norwich game and the first person Inside the club that’s actually going to talk about his position at the club when he’s undoubtedly asked is marco silva himself in his press conference tomorrow.
Absolute joke how it’s been handled,you had 2 choices Back him or sack him not let him take charge of what will be one of the hardest games of the season.anyone see the live training session today that sky did zooming in on silva he looked absolutely lost,I know people have been getting stick for saying this and I know he will get a pay off but I really do feel sorry for this fella the way they’ve left it to come to what will be an inevitable sacking if we get beat on Sunday.

Disagree. Nothing worse than the dreaded “vote of confidence” which we all know is a] bullsh*t and b] tantamount to an announcement that he’s about to be sacked. He’s a big boy, he knows the deal as he himself has said, and he’s under contract, so let’s get on with it.

Fault the club for not having his successor lined up, even an interim, but until they do I’m not sure what they are to say. “We’re going to jettison him ASAP but don’t have his replacement yet” undercuts him worse then saying nothing.

When lose on Saturday we are lumbered with him for another fortnight at least as we can't get rid straight after losing the derby. We will be in the bottom 3 by the time we get rid of him.

I genuinely think we will put in a good performance this weekend and get something. Hope we do and things turn around as theyre pretty drab at the moment and we badly need some points on the board whether you like Silva or not.

Same. Got a funny feeling, based on absolutely no logic, sense or reason at all, that we’ll beat them this weekend.

It’s the same sort of “funny feeling” I’ve had since Lincoln that Silva will win us the league cup.

Both extraordinarily unlikely - but we have to hope.

I cant believe @GwladysBlue gave you the finger for this...

Fact is these types of posters would prefer us to lose the next few games until he is sacked...which they wanted as soon as he was hired.

Very peculiar...
Just don’t understand people like that at all.i go every home and away have done since the early 90s I’ve seen some [Poor language removed] but never once would wish us to lose games just to get a manager sacked it’s weird we don’t need fans like that.

I haven't commented for a while. I am in shock and dismay. I'm normally positive but pessimism has over taken now. The main point is that allegedly, BK & Baxendale have a say in our next manager. How is that? Where is Marcel Brands and will he negotiate a get out policy knowing the circus he is now involved in. David Moyes? the very suggestion sends a very worrying message.
Anyway on to the next 2 games..... Cannot see anything other than heavy defeats. God forgive me for saying it, but I would take 0-3 v RS now, I fear it will be many more. As the saying goes 'its a funny old game' but we won't be laughing. Even at 2-0 against Wimbledon I never thought we would be relegated but I do this season. When they appoint a caretaker whoever that is, it's a fire fighting exercise and the fact we have lost to 3 promoted teams will be the defining factor. Kenwright (especially), Moshiri have an awful lot to answer for. God help us.

"We come from a good run of results from before the Norwich match"

"We need the confidence from the fans"

Not really what I'd like to hear from my clubs manager who is fighting for his job and trying to inspire a reaction from the team.

"We come from a good run of results from before the Norwich match"

"We need the confidence from the fans"

Not really what I'd like to hear from my clubs manager who is fighting for his job and trying to inspire a reaction from the team.

His expections and definition of the word 'Good' are very different from mine. What an 4rse the man is

Status
Not open for further replies.