Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the idea of having Brands at the club is to give the whole place a going over and have a consistent footballing identity, I fail to see how employing Moyes fits in with that strategy.

Well yeah, Brands is the only one that gives me some faith at the moment.

Yet all my mates that are Arsenal supporters are praying they sack Emery and bring in Arteta. And although it's not unanimous from a deep dive of their fan boards, many Arsenal supports would support bringing in Arteta, although they acknowledge it's a risk

Yet he's not good enough for Everton
How does some Arsenal supporters disgruntled at Emery wanting Arteta prove he's our best option? To me, it underlines how disoriented Arsenal fans are in the post-Wenger era

Probably abit of both to be honest. The model is good when brands is tasked with the managers requests to identify certain targets - but isnt that the scouting networks job?
Brands is great with negotiating with other clubs for fees, he did great getting Gomes on a permanent deal.
Brands should be reporting to the board regarding the managerial position, but is a little slow in sacking Silva. He should be tasked with finding the immediate replacement.

Either the model is flawed or Marcel isnt good at his job. Id like to believe its the former as i like marcel but his inability to replace gana and zouma to chase Zaha has really left a sour taste.

On Brands it depends on how harsh / forgiving you want to be.

In Zouma he had a guy who had proved he could fit well with the team, an agreed price/wages etc. Everything set up to move from a loan to a contract, just the way it should be and a vindication of the loan move. Then Lampard comes in, Chelsea get a transfer ban and the whole thing falls down.

Presumably Gbamin was earmarked for the Gana role and then he gets injured. Bad lucl or bad planning?

I don't blame him for not getting Zouma, but I do think they should've got someone in on loan once it was clear that wasn't happening. We are one injury at CB away from a mini crisis.

Never forget David Moyes got a guard of honour after achieving precisely nothing in 11 years at Everton as he waltzed into Old Trafford and then attempted to take our best players telling them they deserved better.

Cant believe people are willing to forget how he got out of our club, and carried on after it.

No. just no. Same way I can't accept Benitez... just no.

People trying hard to push this angle though:
"Moyes reportedly has the advantage over other candidates as he knows the club well, has a rapport with supporters and is a free agent."

Has a rapport with the spectators? He's the only one I can think of who would be starting off with boos.

Should read, rapport with one spectator. Kenwright.

75610852_2583246415086521_8615924744778153984_n.jpg

Until the summer he is prob the best call. Didnt like his last 3 years with us but this team is spineless and he might do enough to keep us up.

On Brands it depends on how harsh / forgiving you want to be.

In Zouma he had a guy who had proved he could fit well with the team, an agreed price/wages etc. Everything set up to move from a loan to a contract, just the way it should be and a vindication of the loan move. Then Lampard comes in, Chelsea get a transfer ban and the whole thing falls down.

Presumably Gbamin was earmarked for the Gana role and then he gets injured. Bad lucl or bad planning?

I don't blame him for not getting Zouma, but I do think they should've got someone in on loan once it was clear that wasn't happening. We are one injury at CB away from a mini crisis.

Re Gbamin his injury is bad luck, but alarm bells were ringing when his old coach or agent (not sure which) said he should deployed as a centre back. We then spent £25m on him to replace Gana in midfield. I hope for both Everton's and Brands sake that he comes back to show us what he is capable of.

I also dont blame him for not getting Zouma, but waiting until the last minute to chase Rojo or Tomori was a major mistake. Once Arsenal got Luiz it was too late to manouvre from Tomori/Zouma to another decent player. He should of set a deadline of say 14 days before the window shut to explore other options, instead he left that chase and was focused on Zaha for £50-70m, something we didnt need to sort until maybe 2020. We should of been focusing on a left footed right winger if we were so desperate for another winger.

Midfield and Centre half should of took priority over any other signing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.