2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing more exciting than the transfer window where we spend extraordinary amount on drivel is the idea of sacking our manager on a yearly basis when he inevitably flops.

it's more entertaining than the football that's being served up

Sacked before the end of today
I sincerely hope so, but I sincerely doubt it. I have 0% faith in our board. He should have been booted last season, then before the international break in October (was it?), and then before this one, but alas... no. They've stuck with him for some reason, and can't see that changing. They must be clinging on to some insane hope that he can steer us clear of relegation. What a monumental drop in standards they now accept. Disgraceful. Spend 400m to get much worse. Some going!

As soon as someone is ready to come straight in I believe he will be gone, he isn’t turning this around now.

I hope we dont go down the interim manager road, and if they bring Moyes back I’m absolutely done with them. He is on par with likes of Allardyce and co! Football dinosaurs. Would rather keep Silva than get Moyes back

What’s all this about silva sacked already and the u23s have been told not to come in today can’t quite link the 2 cos the first team aren’t even in today they have a day off.whos this Harrison fella and who’s his lad cos my mate knows baines dads mates son and he said there’s no Harrison in the squad

Hearing on the radio just now that Mosh the Dosh had talks with Silva on Saturday, is the first concrete evidence that something happens that I've heard.
Doesn't sound like a board meeting though, more like a casual chat.

He's not being sacked. I think somehow our board thinks he can steer us to safety. I am assuming they feel he's been hard done by with injuries, etc, possibly let down by Brands in the recruitment. That is the only justification I can think of for them to keep him.

333 pages of football coaches who are available right now

...but apparently the only option for EFC besides Marco Silva is David Moyes.

Jesus, seeing as we’re no doubt still paying Big Sam, we could get him back in for free..

Still don’t get the Arteta shouts though. Has to be someone else. Moyes I’d be fine with, just because he knows the set up from previous experience and apparently he’s a manager that likes to have full control over a lot of parts of the club, which everton allows due to its size of operation. Personally I’d go for Benitez long term but there’s a lot of divided opinion there.

Still don’t get the Arteta shouts though. Has to be someone else. Moyes I’d be fine with, just because he knows the set up from previous experience and apparently he’s a manager that likes to have full control over a lot of parts of the club, which everton allows due to its size of operation. Personally I’d go for Benitez long term but there’s a lot of divided opinion there.

Yep, Arteta has no experience and would be a gamble. However would it be a worse gamble than someone with a fairly unimpressive track record like Marco? Hard to say.

Benitez is experienced, but would be expensive and comes with baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.