2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Burnley game on Oct 6th, Everton have been pretty good, they've only had the one bad result against Brighton. I watched the West Ham, Brighton and Southampton games, sometimes its not always the result, but player's effort and they've clearly been playing better than the opposition in the last month.
2 out of 3 you mentioned are in the downward spiral...so how you define good...

Most probably. But we have no option. Really need 3 players in Jan + 3 in summer then see where we are...i think were 50% through the rebuild.

If that means this and next season are filled with inconsistency then thats fine as once the squad is built it is just gradually tweaked eac summer.

Iwobi
Walcott
DCL
Kean
Richarlison
Bernard
I think that’s a good point. Maybe we just have to get better at accepting a couple of seasons (at least) mediocrity (at best) in order to get where we want relatively quickly.

.....massive game for him yesterday and his team delivered.

I actually think he’s been quite brave;

- Leaving England international CB Keane out and continuing to select Holgate.
- Resisting the clamour to ‘give Kean a run of games’. None of our strikers is particularly capable but he’s giving them opportunities and leaves them in the side if they do well.
- Sidebe seems first choice over the popular Coleman.
- Overcoming the major blow that was the Gomes injury.

- Resisting the clamour to ‘give Kean a run of games’. None of our strikers is particularly capable but he’s giving them opportunities and leaves them in the side if they do well.

As pleased as I am about yesterday, let's steady on a bit.

We needed 100mins to get a draw at home against a seriously poor Spurs who were down to 10 men.

We narrowly beat at Southampton side who lost their previous home game 9-0.

We aren't too far past the Burnley and Brighton defeats.

I think we need to be a bit calm calling him brave and turning it round.

As pleased as I am about yesterday, let's steady on a bit.

We needed 100mins to get a draw at home against a seriously poor Spurs who were down to 10 men.

We narrowly beat at Southampton side who lost their previous home game 9-0.

We aren't too far past the Burnley and Brighton defeats.

I think we need to be a bit calm calling him brave and turning it round.
This is all true

Might be in the minority, but actually don’t mind next months fixtures, tin mine aside. Fancy us at home against anyone, United are no great shakes and Leicester will be difficult but we turned them over last year. Just need to take it one game at a time.

Admire the optimism but its vital we get the other 3 points from norwich to make it 6 points from the bottom two we would have just played against.
I cant believe how lucky we have been with the fixture list from the start of the season to more or less a few weeks before xmas. Make no mistake if every Everton fan was given pen and paper to write our own fixtures it wouldnt be a million miles away from what we were handed.
I am still wary. 24 attempts yesterday at a side who were there to wipe the floor with. A home record just as poor as our away one. But only got it over the line when at half time it should have been a cruise.
Thats why we still are desperate for those norwich points as we will get punished in december by better sides.
Really really frustrating we are going into that run of games not being on at least 21 or 22 points to have a bit of luxury knowing any loss wont drag us back down. Absolute minimum of what we should be on right now. And truth is most if not all of our wins this season have come against sides on the crest of a slump.
Bit of a negative post but im still to be convinced and when we start playing sides who are flying that our true self will be found out.

Admire the optimism but its vital we get the other 3 points from norwich to make it 6 points from the bottom two we would have just played against.
I cant believe how lucky we have been with the fixture list from the start of the season to more or less a few weeks before xmas. Make no mistake if every Everton fan was given pen and paper to write our own fixtures it wouldnt be a million miles away from what we were handed.
I am still wary. 24 attempts yesterday at a side who were there to wipe the floor with. A home record just as poor as our away one. But only got it over the line when at half time it should have been a cruise.
Thats why we still are desperate for those norwich points as we will get punished in december by better sides.
Really really frustrating we are going into that run of games not being on at least 21 or 22 points to have a bit of luxury knowing any loss wont drag us back down. Absolute minimum of what we should be on right now. And truth is most if not all of our wins this season have come against sides on the crest of a slump.
Bit of a negative post but im still to be convinced and when we start playing sides who are flying that our true self will be found out.
This is a good post. I think everyone would agree with all that you’ve said although I think @davek would still complain.

December is going to be some month because it’s going to put us back a fair bit which probably means it’s near on impossible to catch the top 6/7/8 teams.

I do think we will beat Norwich at home to give us a bit of a buffer but other then that don’t see where our points are coming from in December till later in the month

No

If Silva is seemingly reluctant to play him, makes you wonder whose idea buying Kean was in the first place.
I'd hate to get the sack because the guy passing me the tools didn't know a hacksaw from a wood saw.

- Leaving England international CB Keane out and continuing to edge select Holgate.
Mate the first 3 are not brave just obvious, we needed that bit of pace holgate brings and it would not be hard to be better than keane.Sidibe is much better than Coleman again not hard to see and kean is not ready yet to start.Gomes is a big lose but hopefully it works in Davies favour and he takes more responsibility

This is a good post. I think everyone would agree with all that you’ve said although I think @davek would still complain.

December is going to be some month because it’s going to put us back a fair bit which probably means it’s near on impossible to catch the top 6/7/8 teams.

I do think we will beat Norwich at home to give us a bit of a buffer but other then that don’t see where our points are coming from in December till later in the month
Disagree.

This team was bought to get at teams on the break. It's their one and only strength. They weren't bought to break down lesser teams or to deliver performances of dogged character. They were bought to have a go at the better teams in the division and compete with them head to head...especially going forward.

This is the flaw in Everton's putrid transfer policy. We have our sights set too high and miss the fact that we dont have players that can duke it out with the minnows each week.

That said, that weakness is our strength in games against the elite clubs. We have the players to get at them on the break. If we keep it tight at the back we have as much chance of a points haul against them as we do against 'the minnows'.

Status
Not open for further replies.