2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching arsenal v Leicester this looking at December fixtures.

ffs
View attachment 71081

How terrifying does that run of games look?

We made hard work of the worst team in the league in Southampton today and nearly missed out on a win. Our performances prior to today’s game against ‘lesser’ sides speak for themselves. This is about to get heavy.

And then were pretty unlucky to get beat AT Man City.
Swings and roundabouts that, city had an off day so to speak and they were out to put that game behind them. No different to a new manager bounce or a must win 6 pointer.

I have no doubt Southampton are going down this season. They have ripped that squad apart to the point where even we can turn up and deserve 3 points. It's a shame as their manager is decent, one that we would have welcomed before he went there but probably not now.

We won today, which is what matters. I see no value in sacking Silva now until the end of the season , unless he capsizes again and leaves us in the need of a rescue. It may not be pretty this year but a quarter final and possibly the chance of us having a good run up the league is what we need to hope for now.

And if Silva uses his time well, then he may win the fan base around come may .....

He genuinely doesn’t deserve more time. The only reason he will get it is because the league has been very competitive apart from the top 2. It is what it is. 3 points separate us from top 5

Everton should have been up there with Leicester, not fighting relegation with the likes of Southampton.
Especially with all our money and time spent + easy fixtures, we really should do much better. SILVA OUT!

Really is bizarre. One minute Newcastle are in relegation zone, now they are pushing for the top half!
It’s a double edged sword. I want to win, but I equally expect Silva to go on another ridiculous drought if he is given more opportunities. This is exactly why we aren’t challenging with the likes of Chelsea and Leicester for top 4. How we haven’t done anything with our schedule is just sad.

My main gripes with Silva are that he struggles to build momentum / keep it going - and struggles to turn things around quickly enough after a blip (the last minute loss to Liverpool and the aftermath being a prime example). We’ve managed the win today and have a favourable game next week, before a tough run of games thereafter, so we’re unlikely to be able to capitalise on today in any meaningful way.

Can't find the next manager thread so will have do it here.

Sheffield outplayed Spurs today according to reports and it's the first extended highlights game on sky sports now.

Watch this and understand how good Wilder is.

@mods change my name to WILDER_FAN

Status
Not open for further replies.