2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a grip ffs. We sneaked a win against the worst team in the league.

So....you didnt watch the match then.

Youre deliberately trying to hurt my feelings :eek:

Some post that, Marco is a visionary, a genius, I never doubted him once :pint2:

Well said...

I don't know about top manager. He's good at organizing a press but we still leak at least one big chance a game. The build up from the back is labored at times. I don't think we have any real patterns of attack. He just relies on the players to make it happen. And team selection is still questionable. Sigurdsson over Iwobi is a crime at this point. There are still issues.

Every team in the league gives up a big chance per game...no team is useless despite some views on here ;)

He has to work with what hes got...at the end of the day it could easily have been 5 or 6 to us...same as the last few games.

He has lost his centre midfield...has no top striker like the current main teams, look how thats affected united for example.

Wide hes lost bernard and has to play walcott (who has been ok)...

Give him his due, we'd be 2pts clear in 5th but for VAR.

Should be 5th tonight. VAR'ed right up.

Exactly. So frustrating...bizarre posters cant see this?!?!?

You should join a debating club.. guy spent about half an hour collecting Quotes.. and the response is Bell end.. I love it, gave me a good laugh.

He was trying to hurt my feelings...

Tbh the quotes took about 1 minute...

One long list of bile and hatred...then it changed to positivity...

It was like in lord of the rings when suddenly Richarlison scored it felt like the ride of the rohirrim appeared in forum text :eek:

We're on the up; we have a toe hold now in the season in the league and have every chance in the cup to make a big statement.

Surely that's not a bad feeling for the moment given our season so far and the poor form and massive injuries?

Just be happy.
The only concern I have is that we've had the easiest run of any team and been poor, and if we've played the poor teams in a row then the better sides are queuing up, we did however up our game at the end of last season during a run like the one that's coming.

Lets be honest we needed that win today, regardless of the situation with Silva, he wouldn't of been booted if we lost, but the 3 points are massive, so it's all good.
3 points are what all Everton supporters crave but there are genuine concerns. One win against tripe like Southampton does not mean we are on the right track yet.

Zat, thats a man who knows what hes talking about...?

Insert appropriate emoji here...

How about...

lol

True Dave, 3pts home 1pt away is decent...

More lol

Not sure any of you watched the match...

Well, you didnt lol

He was all action today, screaming at the ref, 4th official...animated like Mourinho and thats no exageration...

Even went loco at Davies near the end for feigning cramp...

Quite a lot of places to watch an UTTERLY DOMINANT professional away performance...

Could have scored 5 or 6.

:)

Top manager....

Hahahaha

Should be 5 wins but for VAR cheating us.

UTTERLY DOMINANT...for those negative posters agenda driven ranting nonsense...

But for the CHEATS at the FA we would be 2pts clear in 5th now...5pts ROBBED.

Top top manager....

Motm for me....

Davies or Holgate...

Im torn...
A strange post considering we just scraped a 2-1 win against a side recently beaten 9-0 and which looks odds on to be relegated

We're on the up; we have a toe hold now in the season in the league and have every chance in the cup to make a big statement.

Surely that's not a bad feeling for the moment given our season so far and the poor form and massive injuries?

Just be happy.
If we are still unbeaten come Christmas I will reciprocate your sentiment, but after playing and as yet failing to in any way to convincing beat the cannon fodder that has been put before us so far - I doubt it.

The only concern I have is that we've had the easiest run of any team and been poor, and if we've played the poor teams in a row then the better sides are queuing up, we did however up our game at the end of last season during a run like the one that's coming.
We do better against better teams. We always struggle against lesser teams.

We'll get a good few points from the teams above us.

Well said...

Every team in the league gives up a big chance per game...no team is useless despite some views on here ;)

He has to work with what hes got...at the end of the day it could easily have been 5 or 6 to us...same as the last few games.

He has lost his centre midfield...has no top striker like the current main teams, look how thats affected united for example.

It was like in lord of the rings when suddenly Richarlison scored it felt like the ride of the rohirrim appeared in forum text :eek:

I always enjoy a response like "Bell end" as a comeback to a post that's required a bit of thought and work.

Acceptable for Silva this season:

A cup SF or Final + 7th / 8th.

That's a very reasonable expectation.

With the injuries we'll need to sign 3 players in Jan who we should have got in summer...

If not then its a matter of luck i think.

Can not be happy with 14 points at this stage, if we are happy with this at this point of the season we will never get back to the dizzy heights of better than 8th

Well said...

I'm still not convinced he can set up a top level attack. Our attack is pretty mid table to this point. The no striker thing isn't an excuse because he has 4 reasonable options. Pick one and set the team up to make it work. Losing Bernard isn't an excuse because we were mediocre with him too. Two of our three good chances today came from set plays. The open play creativity still lacks. Sigurdsson is part of that problem and Silva is the one who won't drop him.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager I'm just saying I don't know that he's good. You're saying he's a top manager and I'm not ready to say that at all. I'll wait until May to pass a final judgment I think.

If we are still unbeaten come Christmas I will reciprocate your sentiment, but after playing and as yet failing to in any way to convincing beat the cannon fodder that has been put before us so far - I doubt it.
Unreasonable.

However, I do think we'll beat a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.