Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can draft him in as appropriate. Does seem odd though.

Im sure they can and im sure given our situation hes a live option, like you say just seems weird id at least have him training with the seniors and in particular getting up to speed with the zonal marking system, to be honest thats my biggest fear with our rejig in defense, it took Keane and Zouma until mid January to get to grips with it.

Be interesting to see if he togs out with the U 23's.

...surprised to read he’s now in the final year of his contract. I suspect that is something the club will be looking to address. Hope the lad isn’t looking to let his current deal run down.

Just an observation that he wasnt given a squad number, post transfer window.

Hopefully he is a live option.

Bolaise, Cuco and Mirallas all have squad numbers.
Chances are he'll be situated as a 'permanent' fixture in the U23's until such a time that he's needed.

...surprised to read he’s now in the final year of his contract. I suspect that is something the club will be looking to address. Hope the lad isn’t looking to let his current deal run down.

That is a slight concern isnt it!
Maybe this could be why Silva is playing his chances down. Other clubs could be sniffing round offering big boy first team football while Everton think he is best staying here, hence "he is not ready for PL football just yet"

Very telling he has clearly leapfrogged Feeney... Of all the youth the only ones with a realistic chance appear to be Gibson with Astley and Gordon the year after... I would have no issue if Astley was the back up RB and got some minutes.. that would solidify that we actually see him in the first team one day.
not last night he didnt..Feeney was outstanding

Hasn’t he signed a contract yet?

who would turn down the opportunity to be rooted in the U23s league??? Only a madman, surely!!

Hasn’t he signed a contract yet?

who would turn down the opportunity to be rooted in the U23s league??? Only a madman, surely!!

Still issues here;

1: Im confident if he gets in the first team for cameos we will need to pay Newcastle. It's approx £1mil rising to £6mil.

2: If hes stated he doesnt want to extend his contract then whats the point of us forking out more cash to Newcastle...

3: If were waiting till Jan to sign a CB then send him on loan were also stuffed as he still may not sign a contract.

4: If were holding off until he shows something to get onto the bench at least before deciding what contract level to offer.

Lots of variables here...strange situation.

Still issues here;

1: Im confident if he gets in the first team for cameos we will need to pay Newcastle. It's approx £1mil rising to £6mil.

2: If hes stated he doesnt want to extend his contract then whats the point of us forking out more cash to Newcastle...

3: If were waiting till Jan to sign a CB then send him on loan were also stuffed as he still may not sign a contract.

4: If were holding off until he shows something to get onto the bench at least before deciding what contract level to offer.

Lots of variables here...strange situation.

...it is, Zat. I was convinced we’ve offered him a new contract, but somebody ITK (apologies, I can’t recall who) said we’ve not been in touch with his representatives. I like the lad, but perhaps Brands isn’t convinced the ‘additions’ are worth paying and we should cut our losses.

Shame if that’s the case, but these decisions have to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.