2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference.

United are trying to save face with ole after backing him so quickly.

Arsenal don't want to knee jerk after wenger if they can help it. Plus he isn't exactly bottom of the league. On par for top 4 which is all the owner wants

Spurs have massively achieved the last few years and spurs sacking him would be bang out of order.

Compared to us spending money again and finding ourselves 17th and struggling
I dont think there is a huge difference with united or arsenal.
If ole hadnt scored that goal v Bayern he would have been sacked by now .
Arsenal have lost to Sheffield United, threw away leads against palace and wolves at home and collapsed at anfield against liverpool reserves.
The reason clubs us included are slow to pull the plug is because top class replacements this time of year are rarely available.

for the record Emery is as much of a myth manager than silva is ...

we do not want that lemon coming here, if he was to become available

I think his career away win stats are the worse than marco silva's

Arsenal are in the top 6 and Poch is a fantastic manager - if our fella took us to regular top 4 finishes and a CL Final I wouldn't want him sacked during a one off bad patch either.

I guarantee OGS would also be sacked the minute Man Utd fell into 17th/the bottom 3.

Not our cowardice board.
I dont usually disagree with you Forever but I cant have Pochettino as a `fantastic manager'.

He is overperformed in league position, but lack of a trophy and killer instict in big games is a huge black mark.

He never seems to demand performances or wins in big games from his players. Winners like Ferguson/Mourinho/Wenger etc relished bog games and
were happy to put pressure on their teams, `Its now time for the players to make history' etc etc
You never hear that from Poch. He protects and mollycodles his players to the Nthe degree.

Moyes is similar for me. Overperformed most years in league position but in big cup games we very, very rarely turned up.

That is a failure of management when it happens regularly.

I dont think there is a huge difference with united or arsenal.
If ole hadnt scored that goal v Bayern he would have been sacked by now .
Arsenal have lost to Sheffield United, threw away leads against palace and wolves at home and collapsed at anfield against liverpool reserves.
The reason clubs us included are slow to pull the plug is because top class replacements this time of year are rarely available.
Marcelino is unemployed right now and highly regarded.

Managers such as gallardo with a massive pay rise would be tempted to earn that job at Barca in the future.

Plenty available. The problem is , when we are up against those clubs, we are the ones to either whilst they bring the good managers in.

Do you not think klopp would have went to Chelsea arsenal United type of clubs had they approached him at the time? Liverpool took the emphasis and got rid of Rodgers to get him. We have that opportunity but not for much longer, given how much the teams you mentioned are struggling.

So looking at the availability of unemployed managers or obtainable with big wages.

Allegei
Jose
Marcelino
Emery (perhaps)
Gallardo (big money grab)

Perhaps not all realistic but do you believe that not one of them would come here if we asked? Considering we can double or even triple their wages, put them in a shop window for the top teams, offer them a chance to manage in the premier League?

It's ambition. I don't expect a Jose or allegei to come here no. But we could at least approach them , approach a big name manager that's available before someone else does. No harm in trying, nothing but the best and all of that.

Not whoever just got sacked / relegated will do.

Check his record with Seville .

without even checking his Seville record, I know in his last season there that he did not one a single away game in the league.

I would never hire a manager on that stat alone as it shows he has an obvious flaw.

you would never get anywhere in the premier league on home results alone

I wish people would stop with the "just 8 points off top 3, or just 5 points off 5th" Who cares?????
We could go down at the end of the year and be "just ten points off 6th" What goes through people's minds???? the league is so awful that there will always be minimal points between a lot of places. It doesn't mean it's OK to lose games just because others do......

Arsenal are in the top 6 and Poch is a fantastic manager - if our fella took us to regular top 4 finishes and a CL Final I wouldn't want him sacked during a one off bad patch either.

I guarantee OGS would also be sacked the minute Man Utd fell into 17th/the bottom 3.

Not our cowardice board.

Going at his current rate they won't have long to wait.

I wish people would stop with the "just 8 points off top 3, or just 5 points off 5th" Who cares?????
We could go down at the end of the year and be "just ten points off 6th" What goes through people's minds???? the league is so awful that there will always be minimal points between a lot of places. It doesn't mean it's OK to lose games just because others do......

people aren't takingour current position seriously , thinking we are going to go on a run and games and catch up these '5 points' and get 6th by end of jan or something.

they need to wake up

people aren't takingour current position seriously , thinking we are going to go on a run and games and catch up these '5 points' and get 6th by end of jan or something.

they need to wake up
It's just crazy as to how fans are clutching at straws for positives. We've had the easiest run of fixtures and we are about to play all the top teams in December. We need a miraculous turn of form, now playing our midfield reserves, or we will be in the bottom three end the New Year. Are other fans not watching the same drivel that I am????

Status
Not open for further replies.