Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we call our players bottlers all the time but I've seen teams with supposedly much better attitudes than ours heavily affected when a major VAR decision goes against them. The psychological impact of it seems massive, much more than a normal ref's decision. It really does change a game in an instant.

Momentum is massive in football and them getting that pen changes the momentum in their favour

Gomes is going to be one of those 1 good game in 4 type of players ain’t he

At least with gana he was consistently good in every game. Such a big loss.

hes had about 3 good games for us … I blame the current manager though and hope the new bloke gets more out of not just gomes, but the whole squad

I saw some offhand reference online to the VAR official having replayed the Keane incident 14 times. Is that true?

I'd expect that spotting a referee's "clear and obvious error" would be less labor-intensive than that.

At the game today, I thought your starting midfield 5 stood out as your best players. Controlling much of the game.

Sigurrdsson and DCL passed me by. Pickford seemed chaotic, even piss poor shots were half spilled. Is that harsh about those three?

With a truly quality striker or two, you could’ve won with ease.
I thought are midfield was terrible personally. Very poor at supplying the ball to Iwobi and Bernard before he went off. Sigurdsson as always didn't get involved which killed are attacking play yet again.

I thought are midfield was terrible personally. Very poor at supplying the ball to Iwobi and Bernard before he went off. Sigurdsson as always didn't get involved which killed are attacking play yet again.

I meant your starting midfield. Sigurdsson and Delph didn’t catch my eye.

I meant your starting midfield. Sigurdsson and Delph didn’t catch my eye.
I did too. Gomes was all sideways except a couple of switches of play and Tom was average but on the whole they did a poor job of progressing the ball into the final third. And they aren't good out of possession so they have to be good with the ball.

One match wonders.

All history will show that we got beat 3-2 by a bang average Brighton side.

A popular member on this forum commented a few weeks back about 4-4-2, that there is a reason nobody plays it anymore.

Brighton, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Bournemouth all average sides, have all beaten us playing 4-4-2.

We probably have better players than these sides, but they are better teams. Or were on the day.

Has Marco gone yet?

What do you mean a "silly own goal" ...Digne had no choice but to attempt to cut out the cross as a Brighton player was right behind him waiting to put the ball in a empty net
He still scored an own goal and it cost us at least a point so it was a silly own goal and that's putting it politely

It was a ridiculous and extremely biased decision. Mason should be forced to explain the inconsistency of his decision making. I can except human error on field but not when you are watching numerous replays.

It doesn't cover up the multitude of problems we have under Silva. But when you are struggling that sort of shafting is the last thing you need. It's bad enough to be a poor team. But when you are poor and unlucky then you're in big trouble.

I know mate.

I don't think we played particularly well but I'd be lying if I said we deserved to lose.

I'd also be pushing far to blame Silva entirely. Even taking away from the VAR decision, I have to put the blame equally - if not more so - on the players for their total collapse.

Ultimately Silva will pay the price, like. And he's done his fair share to deserve it. That Delph sub the other day was baffling, for example.

But it's the total incompetence of the officials which has massively done us.

Unfortunately, they outdid themselves again on Sunday, so anything of us coming out and demanding an explanation will just get brushed under the carpet with the rest. As a club, we absolutely need to get some balls and start doing this in public, though. The refs are at best, dire and at worse, massively biased. Neither of which are acceptable and the club should say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.