Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew we wouldn't win, so I cant say im surprised by yet another awful display and even worse result.

we rae proving that we can not even beat the bottom dwellers , which, in our current position should be utterly alarming.

Bad result, but aside from losing their heads after the penalty (which is unaccepatable), I wasn't unhappy with the performance. I thought we looked dangerous with the ball and created good chances, they only had 1 shot on target before the penalty and scored that.

Pickford's brain fart was annoying, but in the performance for 80 minutes, there were a lot of positives. Holgate and Sidebe particularly. Gomes was poor, however.

Bad result, but aside from losing their heads after the penalty (which is unaccepatable), I wasn't unhappy with the performance. I thought we looked dangerous with the ball and created good chances, they only had 1 shot on target before the penalty and scored that.

Pickford's brain fart was annoying, but in the performance for 80 minutes, there were a lot of positives. Holgate and Sidebe particularly. Gomes was poor, however.

I am finding it hard to be mad at any other things than

a) VAR/officials
b) Keane

I don't blame Silva. For once, his subs worked in the second half. We looked fine in the second half. Not well but it wasn't a game we have the quality to play well in. We just needed to grind it out.

The last 10 minutes, dreadful. But I don't know if I blame the manager for that.

Need a good win Tuesday.

Like others, scratching my head as to why Sigurdsson came on for Bernard when the obvious sub appeared to be Kean up top and move Richarlison to the left. We were noticeably more ponderous after that.

a) VAR/officials
b) Keane

I don't blame Silva. For once, his subs worked in the second half. We looked fine in the second half. Not well but it wasn't a game we have the quality to play well in. We just needed to grind it out.

The last 10 minutes, dreadful. But I don't know if I blame the manager for that.

Need a good win Tuesday.
Why Keane? A debatable pen, while Gomes gave the ball away easily then made a stupid tackle, they scored from the free kick Pickford should of saved.
2 players there more at fault

Just watched the game on replay. Seemed slightly more bad luck than bad play, but there was some definite examples of bad play to be sure, for example Pickford was out of position on the first goal, and Gomes was responsible for stupidly fouling to set up Brighton's first goal. Digne's OG was just bad luck--he had to do something to cover an incoming Murray. One still has to question a coach who's go-to strategy seems to be "do what sort of worked last time" which translates to the usual 4-2-3-1 with the exact same players that we used against West Ham and others--why scout games if you just are gonna start the usual folks in the same predictable formation? I'm glad I waited to watch this nonsense when I was already about 4 pints into the evening.
If he had changed from last time he would be on a hiding to nothing. There were plenty on here lining up to kick him if he dared to play Gylfi or sneids.

Why Keane? A debatable pen, while Gomes gave the ball away easily then made a stupid tackle, they scored from the free kick Pickford should of saved.
2 players there more at fault

We got back from the Davies/Gomes/Pickford mistake. Though of course they were to blame for our first goal.

Keane gave the officials a decision to make. The on-field ref, luckily, made the right one. But VAR didn't.

Keane just didn't need to do it though. He could have stood off easily. Instead he falls forwards and gives a decision to make.

We got back from the Davies/Gomes/Pickford mistake. Though of course they were to blame for our first goal.

Keane gave the officials a decision to make. The on-field ref, luckily, made the right one. But VAR didn't.

Keane just didn't need to do it though. He could have stood off easily. Instead he falls forwards and gives a decision to make.

It was a ridiculous and extremely biased decision. Mason should be forced to explain the inconsistency of his decision making. I can except human error on field but not when you are watching numerous replays.

It doesn't cover up the multitude of problems we have under Silva. But when you are struggling that sort of shafting is the last thing you need. It's bad enough to be a poor team. But when you are poor and unlucky then you're in big trouble.

a) VAR/officials
b) Keane

Need a good win Tuesday.

I know we call our players bottlers all the time but I've seen teams with supposedly much better attitudes than ours heavily affected when a major VAR decision goes against them. The psychological impact of it seems massive, much more than a normal ref's decision. It really does change a game in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.