Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were very unlucky today. We were the better team.

Sign of a good team is playing badly and winning. So what would being the better team and losing suggest? Silva has had enough time and games to form an opinion based on his results , his away form is Sunderland levels and never winning a game and only getting 4 points from 24 games that we have conceded first is absolutely shocking. People saying we lost to a “ freak goal” etc... we also scored a “freak goal” he went back to his trusty selection and formation as soon as he could, he said the other day that we don’t do anything different when preparing for away games. Well I actually believe him as we usually play like the away team at home with one striker, no tempo and two holding Cm. He’s never done anything in his career that justified him being chosen to manage us and should be booted out the door ASAP

Just got home from Brighton after a thoroughly grim 4 hour drive with the missus and kids, still trying to process what the hell happened today.

Only had a quick look on here straight after the match, but firstly, to the handful of people in this and the VAR threads who were watching on a stream and who were saying we didn't play well and didn't deserve to win, please, go give your heads a monumental wobble and throw yourselves in the nearest bin.

I'm the first to admit that up until last week we'd been gash, really gash, and I'm not a Silva fan by any stretch of the imagination, but today wasn't down to Silva or the players. We played really well in parts and dominated for much of the game.

Today was down to a single moment of poor goalkeeping, some truly awful (bordering on suspicious) refereeing, some bad luck, and a gang of faceless, unaccountable scum bags sitting in a studio somewhere.

On the bus back to the P&R, Brighton fans were literally laughing at how lucky they were. "We scored a naff free-kick, a dodgy penalty and a freak own goal, and Everton score two proper goals. Not sure how we've come away with the points today". You're telling me Mr. Brighton fan, you're telling me!

I agreed the players tried to win, or did try to win in the last few minutes. The goal was a result of high press and eventual inability to cover back in time for the counter. You can literally sees the danger unfold as our players lose possession front line and outnumbered at the back. Sad but it's a gamble we still need to learn to balance between all out attack for 3pts and conservative point saving defence.

I do want silva gone but that defeat was on the players for me. Pickford useless from free kicks again and the penalty was a joke then Digne decides to slice it in last min

jesus christ I just seen them goals cause my stream went yesterday. through Pickford hands. a disgraceful pen and a silly own goal. we be lucky to get 3 goals like that all season.

Just got home from Brighton after a thoroughly grim 4 hour drive with the missus and kids, still trying to process what the hell happened today.

Only had a quick look on here straight after the match, but firstly, to the handful of people in this and the VAR threads who were watching on a stream and who were saying we didn't play well and didn't deserve to win, please, go give your heads a monumental wobble and throw yourselves in the nearest bin.

I'm the first to admit that up until last week we'd been gash, really gash, and I'm not a Silva fan by any stretch of the imagination, but today wasn't down to Silva or the players. We played really well in parts and dominated for much of the game.

Today was down to a single moment of poor goalkeeping, some truly awful (bordering on suspicious) refereeing, some bad luck, and a gang of faceless, unaccountable scum bags sitting in a studio somewhere.

On the bus back to the P&R, Brighton fans were literally laughing at how lucky they were. "We scored a naff free-kick, a dodgy penalty and a freak own goal, and Everton score two proper goals. Not sure how we've come away with the points today". You're telling me Mr. Brighton fan, you're telling me!
Hear Hear

I knew we wouldn't win, so I cant say im surprised by yet another awful display and even worse result.

we rae proving that we can not even beat the bottom dwellers , which, in our current position should be utterly alarming.

As much as I hate Silva I dont put this one on him, too many individual mistakes, inc the VAR and ref and bad luck

we are always making stupid mistakes , a good coach will iron a lot these out of a squad , obv not every single thing , but a good mentor will encourage confidence and inspire you to be at your very very best and perform to your optimum every single second of every single game , think Klopp and pep , what we have is a plant pot cowering in the dug out who seems to have zero sense of what it takes to be a leader of men... he just insnt the sort of bloke youd want as a manager , I wouldn't mind if his way of doing things got positive results but he is a dour person with an equally dour style of management … inspires nothing but medicority

The grass is greener on other side?? like hello I didn't even need to read a post. He's basically out in the open.

That is a truly shocking stat.
I have defended Silva on here as recently as today but if we haven't won away for 7 months that is totally unacceptable. Is there any other team in the league that has gone that long without an away win?
Am starting to wonder if Silva is the right manager now but if we sack him that will set us back to square one.......again, and i'm getting cheesed off with seeing us having to constantly rebuild.
Time for Brands to earn his crust.

Tottenham haven’t won away in the league since January 1st so considerably worse than Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.