2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 goals in 8 games.

Summer signing Striker left on the bench.

"shattered defensive core"

giphy.gif

It’s truly amazing how that’s used as a defence, when any top level manager would rejig their formation to cover for any losses

My point is that it's unjust to blame Silva and sack him, but to leave the real culprit in his job - Brands.

My view is it will take quite some time, possibly six transfer windows, before we see a team capable in breaking into the top four. Buying quickly risks buying poor players. I rather we take our time and select the right players. For this reason I won't attack Brands or Silva.

My view is it will take quite some time, possibly six transfer windows, before we see a team capable in breaking into the top four. Buying quickly risks buying poor players. I rather we take our time and select the right players. For this reason I won't attack Brands or Silva.

Very wise. Though I think the recruitment end of things could have been better, less about the players bought and more about squad balance.

But I’m trying hard to be as wise as you! Hard going.

I'll be honest: I wouldn't care if he left. However, he's not the cause of this. He was left with a shattered defensive core when Zouma and Gueye were not replaced.

There is now way we're in this shape if those two are still in the team.

Sack Silva? Ok. But sack the man who gave him the raw materials to work with too.

Absolute joke of a response.
The article on sortinglife.com summed it up mate.
Man Utd's position is almost acceptable due to their appalling squad , Evertons is not !
Who is to blame them ?
Not your normal "carpetbagging" BS , or the DoF. The real culprit !l

I'll be honest: I wouldn't care if he left. However, he's not the cause of this. He was left with a shattered defensive core when Zouma and Gueye were not replaced.

There is now way we're in this shape if those two are still in the team.

Sack Silva? Ok. But sack the man who gave him the raw materials to work with too.
Think hes been a bit unlucky with gbamin picking up such a bad injury so early. Gomes has been out too. Mina has been good at centre back to be fair, hes been the pick of the bunch defensively at the back so not sure we are missing zouma all that much in terms of starting 11. If we pick up an injury there tho we are screwed, but I dont think silva can have too much to complain about there seeing as hes not been forced to play holgate anyway. Gueye agree with but again hes been unlucky with gbamin and gomes.

Not defending him by any means, we should have picked up more points even with the injuries, it's more the performances that hurt. His stubbornness to not adapt and change is beyond a joke, still zonal despite literally giving goals away from set prices for 14 months. Inexcusable really. Opposition team talks must be an absolute doddle, put the ball in the box at any set piece, overload the back post. Chance.

Hes made a rod for his own back so only has himself to blame imo for the position he finds himself. Like you not arsed if he goes, majorly disappointed this season as we should be doing a lot better, not being entitled in saying that. Look at our squad on paper, opening fixtures, a realistic expectation would be to be matching Leicester. Theres now huge risk in having yet another reset at the club with a new manager coming in. Seems like a matter of when not if now, and we absolutely have to get this appointment right. Having brands there should allow some continuity and prevent a u-turn on direction with playing style as we saw under big sam. We are trying to play the right way, high press, possession based but completely lacking in application, we know the players can do it as we saw last season, silva just isnt getting it to happen and he looks out of ideas and influence to me.

Gana gets better with every game we lose.

We lost 40 League games in the 3 years Gana was at the club, but if you listen to some people you would think we sold Zidane.

Not really that. It's the fact he was a key player for us yet the manager is trying to fill the Gana role with Delph or a player that can't run in Schneiderlin.

It's less the player. More the fact that we're using a system which only really worked because of that player (actually, players, including Zouma) that are no longer here.

Not really that. It's the fact he was a key player for us yet the manager is trying to fill the Gana role with Delph or a player that can't run in Schneiderlin.

It's less the player. More the fact that we're using a system which only really worked because of that player (actually, players, including Zouma) that are no longer here.

With respect thats utter bollox mate.

If people think we need Gana Gueye to beat the mighty Sheff Utd at home, well then.

Status
Not open for further replies.