2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
With you on that as we keep on making the same knee jerk decisions and never allow time to rise out of the pit. The last thing we need is instability, the wrong choice now could be devastating
I'll be honest: I wouldn't care if he left. However, he's not the cause of this. He was left with a shattered defensive core when Zouma and Gueye were not replaced.

There is now way we're in this shape if those two are still in the team.

Sack Silva? Ok. But sack the man who gave him the raw materials to work with too.

I’m not being an optimist I’m a realist. We are a work in progress for many reasons, injuries, new signings, selling or not retaining others and a lack of continuity. Now with that cluster ........ sacking or blaming the manager who had to and did improve on the same set or circumstances last season is stupid, very stupid.

It’s not more then a bad time, look at every other big club in the league they’ve all been handed their arses against lesser lights, it’s the dynamic of the season so far.

It’s not more then a bad patch, what everyone is loosing their load over is just hysteria.
we are a WiP but that doesn't excuse the dire stuff he has served up, Every team has injuries, Every team has signings and sell players, Yet we are in the relegation zone against a very kind set of opening fixtures, Did I expect us to win all of them regardless of how easy on paper they were? No but I expected way better than a measly 7 points.

He's not learning from the losses, The style of play is absolutely abysmal with the players in this team, He's persisting with same tactics/formation 4 games in a row (all resulted in losses btw).
He's not tried to change it ONCE, Not tried anything new not even looked remotely arsed how badly he's fluffed the start of the season up, Only scored 6 goals in 8 games also dreadful, Can't see the gleaming weaknesses in the team, He's brought it upon himself with his rigid my way or no way style.

I'll be honest: I wouldn't care if he left. However, he's not the cause of this. He was left with a shattered defensive core when Zouma and Gueye were not replaced.

Sack Silva? Ok. But sack the man who gave him the raw materials to work with too.

hopefully we'll get the big manager that we need who will insist on Brands not having any say in transfers...

I actually hear you on this but losing Gueye and not replacing Zouma shouldn’t be an excuse for 6 goals in 8 games. We create nothing.

6 goals in 8 games.

Summer signing Striker left on the bench.

"shattered defensive core"

giphy.gif

we are a WiP but that doesn't excuse the dire stuff he has served up, Every team has injuries, Every team has signings and sell players, Yet we are in the relegation zone against a very kind set of opening fixtures, Did I expect us to win all of them regardless of how easy on paper they were? No but I expected way better than a measly 7 points.

He's not learning from the losses, The style of play is absolutely abysmal with the players in this team, He's persisting with same tactics/formation 4 games in a row (all resulted in losses btw).
He's not tried to change it ONCE, Not tried anything new not even looked remotely arsed how badly he's fluffed the start of the season up, Only scored 6 goals in 8 games also dreadful, Can't see the gleaming weaknesses in the team, He's brought it upon himself with his rigid my way or no way style.

Yep exactly, every team, look at City getting their arses handed to them by Norwich, Spurs by Brighton, Utd by everyone and Chelsea having a few stinkers, same stories, injuries, new players, loosing players and lack of continuity,

It’s not as simple to say those clubs should beat that opposition, it’s clearly doesn’t work like that, those clubs and us will be fine, but you can see the common themes. Nobody has a right to beat anyone in this league.

Yes we are in the relegation zone, two weeks ago we were in the European spots, it’s GW 8 of 32.

The tactics and formation, full tilt has seen us give every CL club last season problems, if the manager has a philosophey and full tilt can get those results against those teams it needs to be backed. The huge Cavet is the players we have been without, both through injury and non retention. It’s why it will take time to develop the replacements, he’s done that before. Can Silva improve, certainly, he’s a young coach and at an apex he’s proven a good manager, he’s been dealt a poor hand after the summer though for all the reasons I mention. I’d have massive sympathy for him, if he was sacked given the squad context in May and what he had to pick up in August, massively unfair.

Everyone wants players with potential, but when they get here no one can handle or tolerate bumps in the road while they are being developed as the manager tries to Gel a team.

Shorttermism in football has become a mindset, it’s the quickest route to failure in football.

No one has learnt anything from two years ago, it’s actually quite amazing,

Last edited:
Yep exactly, every team, look at City getting their arses handed to them by Norwich, Spurs by Brighton, Utd by everyone and Chelsea having a few stinkers, same stories, injuries, new players, loosing players and lack of continuity,

It’s not as simple to say those clubs should beat that opposition, it’s clearly doesn’t work like that, those clubs and us will be fine, but you can see the common themes. Nobody has a right to beat anyone in this league.

Yes we are in the realization zone, two weeks ago we were in the European spots, it’s GW 8 of 32.

The tactics and formation, full tilt has seen us give give every CL club last season problems, if the manager has a philosophey and full tilt can get those results against those teams it needs to be backed. The huge Cavet is the players we have been without, both through injury and non retention. It’s why it will take time to develop the replacements, he’s done that before.

Everyone wants players with potential, but when they get here no one can handle or tolerate bumps in the road while they are being developed as the manager tries to Gel a team.

Shorttermism in football has become a mindset, it’s the quickest route to failure in football.

No one has learnt anything from two years ago, it’s actually quite amazing,

We play 38 games a season in this league mert.

But I get what your saying, he was handed a very young squad, he has had 2 of his "best" midfielders taken away with injury.

Im all for giving him a grace period, but 4 defeats on the bounce? Thats enough to test a Saint.

But the mitigation is the only thing keeping him in a job at the moment and it will only stretch so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.