Is it time to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and a big thank you to Manure.
Thanks to their plight, I haven't even heard a mention of us on the radio programmes this morning.

I’ve said it for a while the club issues start in the boardroom, when mosh come in he should of got rid of everyone in there as they are clueless and negative. Start by bringing Tim Cahill and Joe Royle into the club boardroom regarding fan correlation, people that get the club. Then, go for Arteta and the club may start moving forward.

Sat on the way to work on Merseyrail. Two blokes sat behind talking about Everton going down and having the best ground in the chanpionship

Happy Monday Everyone.

we won’t go down and it’s hard to panic over mid table mediocrity.

I'd agree but that general sense of 'meh' really is worth panicking over.

You can see the effect of it everywhere, not least in the number of kids proudly wearing our colours around the city. I was home over the weekend and saw more kids in Man City shirts than royal blue. Didn't that just cap a perfect weekend!

We've all got anecdotes of friends or family members whose kids are either showing a worrying lack of enthusiasm or, worse still, have jibbed it in completely and are showing an even more worrying tendancy towards wearing red.

We are at real risk of losing an entire generation to our neighbours. Even in the early 2000's that seemed unthinkable. We didn't have much to crow about but kids in blue were legion and our ticketing policies meant we really had an edge. The city felt genuinely split.

Feels different now.

For the 1000th weekend in a row the few remaining good blue kids will be dreading going to school and those of us from older generations have now taken so many kicks that we can't even raise the passion to be worried or angry about it all.

I have no doubts we'll avoid relegation. We may even creep back into the top half. Part of me just suspects that will ultimately be more damaging than relegation. Another season of utter indifference.

After a look at the starters via paddypower, the list doesn't inspire me much, flavours of the month, has beens, never will bees, half of them I wouldnt know if I fell over them in the street...you can even get 250-1 on Hibbo.
Wenger and/or
After a look at the starters via paddypower, the list doesn't inspire me much, flavours of the month, has beens, never will bees, half of them I wouldnt know if I fell over them in the street...you can even get 250-1 on Hibbo.
Wenger and/or Arteta, together or on their own.
I like the 'idea' of Bielsa.

Its got to be a big personality with some force of will to kick the teacups and hair dryers about.
Somebody to say (AND enforce)...right, I dont know wtf's been going on here before, but all this shight stops - NOW.
Extra training, old style, rucksack full of bricks, beasting up and down the ainsdale sand hills(rocky music optional)

*ends day dream

lol lol lol rucksacks with bricks and music optional oh my god I’m in stitches lol lol lol lol lol

You can see the effect of it everywhere, not least in the number of kids proudly wearing our colours around the city. I was home over the weekend and saw more kids in Man City shirts than royal blue. Didn't that just cap a perfect weekend!

We've all got anecdotes of friends or family members whose kids are either showing a worrying lack of enthusiasm or, worse still, have jibbed it in completely and are showing an even more worrying tendancy towards wearing red.

We are at real risk of losing an entire generation to our neighbours. Even in the early 2000's that seemed unthinkable. We didn't have much to crow about but kids in blue were legion and our ticketing policies meant we really had an edge. The city felt genuinely split.

Feels different now.

For the 1000th weekend in a row the few remaining good blue kids will be dreading going to school and those of us from older generations have now taken so many kicks that we can't even raise the passion to be worried or angry about it all.

I have no doubts we'll avoid relegation. We may even creep back into the top half. Part of me just suspects that will ultimately be more damaging than relegation. Another season of utter indifference.

Creeping into the top half is more damaging than relegation? Wtf you got
To be messin lad?

Creeping into the top half is more damaging than relegation? Wtf you got
To be messin lad?
I took him to mean that by creeping back up nothing will change and we'll get another ten years of the same gutlessness. I don't ever want to go down but I imagine heads will proper roll if we did ...just my 2p

I've never seen a Man City shirt in the city centre in my life. Sure it was Liverpool?

Feels different now.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kid wearing a City top during my many visits into Town, and you’ve seen more kids wearing City than Everton? I don’t believe you.

We can't keep Silva under argument that there is no one better and that we should stick with him.
I mean, give me food and place to live, not needed anything else, I will manage Everton and I will do 100% and we will be better than this right now, this is ludacris

I took him to mean that by creeping back up nothing will change and we'll get another ten years of the same gutlessness. I don't ever want to go down but I imagine heads will proper roll if we did ...just my 2p

Ah well if we went down mate we would never come back, so it can’t happen ever, I want to challenge and win things, but if it was the case of being an established premier league side, or in the championship it’s a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.