2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Gueye shaped hole in MF doesn't help either.

He had the defensive heart cut out of his team from last season: Zouma and Gueye. What manager wouldn't need time to get their bearings? He didn't have a long pre-season with replacements did he?
I agree but then it's even more baffling why he's trying to play the same way then. You compensate by reorganising the team into a 433 maybe we won't be as good in the short term but you try and get any kind of result you can. But he isn't even trying it. He sets up in a outdated defensive formation that becomes 451, with our most clinical player Richarlison playing as a right back most of the time and disjointedly in midfield with a number ten who barely gets intolved and that leaves big gaps in the midfield with defensive midfielders right next to each other and leaves massive gaps between midfield and attack. To top it off he persists with zonal marking when we concede goal after goal at set pieces. He strikes me as very stubborn which makes me think we will always have terrible runs under his managerial reign.

Last edited:
I dont think they do them for big news mate.

Maybe embargoes was the wrong word.

Opinion pieces from the usual suspects.

So far we had an early 1 from Kirkbride yesterday, but I havent seen anybody else pipe up yet.

As you say it might not happen, but the media generally fuels sackings and as of yet ive not seen enough to suggest its over for him.

Like some lid in the Main Stand screamed at Koeman during the hammering against Arsenal : "GERRIM OUTTA DER NOWWWW"

So far we had an early 1 from Kirkbride yesterday, but I havent seen anybody else pipe up yet.

As you say it might not happen, but the media generally fuels sackings and as of yet ive not seen enough to suggest its over for him.

I think club comms generally can be an indicator - whether there's PR/rallying calls.

Journalists will be digging for info now. Any hint that the club are looking at alternatives. I can't see Moshiri tolerating bottom three for very long. Koeman went as soon as it looked like we were around the bottom three if memory serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.