2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s actually quite an achievement spending all that cash, having so many internationals to chose from and sitting in the relegation zone.
The more choice we have the more worst we seem to be/get,we seem to be better when we have to stick to what we have had etc

The problem is the lack of credentials of manager.

We're asking/expecting Silva to achieve something he's never done before.
...well that problem will continue if that's the criteria, because a proven manager of quality will not come here. Therefore, we have to get behind one of these managers and not bin them all because they get into a short term slump. It achieves nothing. In fact. it achieves less than nothing as the club spends in a frenzy again and we end up where we are now.

This takes an owner with character and a DoF who sees the bigger picture and doesn't bend to fans.

Yes. OK you like stats. But football is not won on balance sheets. You are being way too rigid on this. Leicester won the league when according to your analysis they should have gone down.

We're 18th not 7th too. That's a pretty important detail....

That's the point. It kinda is. Leicester were a freak event. Milder versions of that were us finishing 4th under Moyes and 5th under Martinez. They don't happen often for a reason.

We've played 8 games, which is also a pretty important detail. If we're not somewhere around 7th place in May I'd be amazed, whoever the manager is.

...well that problem will continue if that's the criteria, because a proven manager of quality will not come here. Therefore, we have to get behind one of these managers and not bin them all because they get into a short term slump. It achieves nothing. In fact. it achieves less than nothing as the club spends in a frenzy again and we end up where we are now.

This takes an owner with character and a DoF who sees the bigger picture and doesn't bend to fans.

If Silva was English and called Matt Smith, he wouldn't have got the job.

The "gamble" is well out of his depth, you know it - really...

Eight games in.

I see the concern and recognise it. However, it's early. Any decision is not being made unless we lose both the next two. I feel sure of that.

Uppermost in the latitude they'll give Silva is what he had to contend with this summer: late arrivals, sales of his players, left him short at CB.

WHU and BHA games will sort this out one way or the other. 4 from the 6 and he's sticking around. If we get less than that I believe he's on thin ice. I would not hold him responsible for the whole situation though. The DoF has made these changes since last season when we were flying, and he carries the can also. I'd punt him too. He's wasted £200M since he came in.
Five losses in six games. Aren't you in the least bit concerned he has tried nothing new?! Nothing! The same tactics the same zonal marking the same selections. It's tired, boring and safe and predictable when we get beat. You can revisit the transfer window but it's down to the coach to get more out of a very expensively put together squad that has more than enough quality in it to be top ten at least!!!!!!!!

I agree with the principle Dave mate.

But atm Silva is just evidently not helping himself or us. Same mistakes. Same choices. Same stubbornness. It's boring and he's showing no signs of turning it around.

if he relies on his first XI to be fit to win games - which is what it seems so far - then we're in big trouble.

18th after eight games, it's worse than we've been in the last 5 years. It's very, very bad.

He's not entirely to blame. But he's gonna have to take the rap. He's poor.

Five losses in six games. Aren't you in the least bit concerned he has tried nothing new?! Nothing! The same tactics the same zonal marking the same selections. It's tired, boring and safe and predictable when we get beat. You can revisit the transfer window but it's down to the coach to get more out of a very expensively put together squad that has more than enough quality in it to be top ten at least!!!!!!!!

this is is the issue. If he tried different things then players and recruitment would be looked at. But I’m confident I can pick Everton’s lineup v West Ham, that’s cause alone

Not when you're flogging a dead horse. His team cant defend and his team score. The guarenteed recipe for relegation.

this is is the issue. If he tried different things then players and recruitment would be looked at. But I’m confident I can pick Everton’s lineup v West Ham, that’s cause alone
Exactly up until yesterday I was for giving him more time. I don't like chopping and changing managers but he's just doing the same thing over and over its very Martinez in his final days! We don't even go for the win we sit there pass it around throw it into the box then get hit on the break or concede a set-piece. It's so easy to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.