Votes: 525 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 76 11.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I doubt Moshiri (or Brands) want further turmoil of another managerial appointment. From what we see, Brands and Silva are ‘on the same page’ regarding playing and transfer strategy. There will be an awareness things can pick-up (Gbamin injured; Gomes injured; Zouma type coming in January; Kean not having an immediate impact).

I very much doubt a sacking is imminent, but I also think Moshiri will panic if we’re in a relegation fight early in the new year.

My yearly benchmark is a minimum requirement of 20 points at Christmas. If we’re below or even around that total, he has to be in trouble approaching a new transfer window.

Surely we are already in turmoil?

8 games. Easy opponents. 6 goals. 7 points.

I'm not sure how a change creates turmoil when we are in such a mess. Stability is a nonsense argument when you can't score and are losing every week.

Moyes-Preston
Martínez-Wigan
Koeman-Southampton
Silva-Watford
I think that says it all.
Koeman was a huge name in the game, but he’d already had a few disasters in management before the Southampton job. The fact he was managing Southampton in the first place was obvious sign of failure.
Royle - Oldham
Kendall - Blackburn
Lee - Newcastle
Bingham - Greek national team
Catterick - Sheffield Wednesday

Historically recurring theme ???

The only manager I can think of we actually recruited from a team above us was Mike Walker from that one season wonder Norwich team.

Surely we are already in turmoil?

8 games. Easy opponents. 6 goals. 7 points.

I'm not sure how a change creates turmoil when we are in such a mess. Stability is a nonsense argument when you can't score and are losing every week.

...absolutely. I’m not defending Silva in the least, but I imagine the last thing Moshiri wants at this point in time is yet another sacking. We know Silva is a polar Manager (runs of very poor form, runs of very good form), Moshiri will be hoping for an upturn.

Whilst a sacking might not be imminent, I hope the groundwork is already being done sounding out a replacement. Approaches to managers at clubs have to be through official channels, but I can’t see City standing in the way if perhaps Arteta was on our shopping list. Not sure Arteta would be interested, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.