Votes: 525 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 76 11.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 73 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had the easiest run to start the season I can ever recall and we have 7 points to show from it.

He's never been the guy to move us forward. We don't have bad players in the slightest bit. If we don't have bad players and the players we have are playing bad, then you have to look at the man who is supposed to be getting the best out of everyone.

And stuff that "he turned it around before, he can do it again" mentality. You cannot afford to just shrug your shoulders at these kinds of runs if you want to progress. We have been massively underachieving as a team his entire tenure.

Dont know if to cry or laught anymore lol

Everton boss Marco Silva, speaking to BBC Sport: "We showed we wanted to win the game. We had more than them we just didn't put the ball in the net. We should have scored in the first half from the corners we had and the chances we had.

"We are working hard in these moments, we need to be more brave and things will change for us.

"When you are in these types of moments the details are against you. What we showed last week and what we showed this week, since the first moment of the game we tried to win."

To the ten people who have voted mot to sack him, can I ask what they have seen in Silva at Hull. Watford and Everton that gives them any reason to believe that Marco Silva has the credentials to manage a team in the Premier League?

Exactly. We all hoped for the best but he was never up to the job.

So you think our results this season are due to not having Gbamim (who could be anything) and Gomes who has missed a few?
Surely a manager job is to understand our weakness and comes out with a game plan to address this, on the other hand design a tactic that could fully exploit our strength.

Plenty of manager in lesser team did this to survive with a much poorer squad of players.
Why would Schneiderlin behind Delph and Davies going box to box be that much worse?

I saw what you said about Gbamin and Gomes but why wait to change to that when what we have isn't working? I like Gomes but I don't see him being some game changing powerhouse and what we've seen from Gbamin thus far suggest it'll take time for him to really click too.

For me, the problems started in the summer window.

Gbamin looks a decent signing in the making
Gomes is inconsistent
Delph is a squad player.

Weve spent about £52mil on them

We needed either Doucoure or another monster type, i wanted Sangare from Toulouse.

Whoever plays in the middle together i dont see how it works unless its Gbamin, Gomes + 1.

Thats the best we have and thats with Gbamin still being a mystery.

I think Brands has let Silva down massively in centre midfield and centre back.

How else do you setup the midfield?

Gomes Delph Iwobi

or

———delph————-
Iwobi—————Bernard
———Richarlison

Or

—————delph————

richarlison Iwobi Gomes Bernard

there are plenty of formations and tactics to use. Instead he’s played 2 defensive midfielders against a team that play 8 at the back when you have possession

We've had the easiest run to start the season I can ever recall and we have 7 points to show from it.

He's never been the guy to move us forward. We don't have bad players in the slightest bit. If we don't have bad players and the players we have are playing bad, then you have to look at the man who is supposed to be getting the best out of everyone.

And stuff that "he turned it around before, he can do it again" mentality. You cannot afford to just shrug your shoulders at these kinds of runs if you want to progress. We have been massively underachieving as a team his entire tenure.
Spot on. This was a season to go for it in. Fixture list was as kind as you could ask for. Other teams having problems. Bottled it.

Very very dissatisfied with the whole thing at the minute.

It's overly simplistic to blame Silva for our problems and expect things to sufficiently change with any other manager.

We're certainly better than we've been showing and the players don't have the mettle or resilience for the fight. For that reason, I expect Marco to lose his job. If not this week, it'll be this side of Christmas.

However, the real problems for this club run much deeper and it's all too easy to scapegoat MS. He's the tip of the iceberg, no more.

Too much noise from the club isn't backed up by actions and too many players given regular gave time who simply are not good enough and will never be good enough at the level we aspire to.

How many of our squad would make the starting line up of any top six team? Even the most optimistic blue would say no more than two. Realistically it's zero.

Everton boss Marco Silva, speaking to BBC Sport: "We showed we wanted to win the game. We had more than them we just didn't put the ball in the net. We should have scored in the first half from the corners we had and the chances we had.

"We are working hard in these moments, we need to be more brave and things will change for us.

"When you are in these types of moments the details are against you. What we showed last week and what we showed this week, since the first moment of the game we tried to win."
Think he's watching a different game.....I saw zero desire out there. Lack of movement for the whole game, bad passing and lots of sideways/back passing. Those things don't scream "trying to win the game" to me.

Usual garbage to cover for himself getting it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.