2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperately trying to figure out what game plan, what philosophy, what style he is trying to accomplish. I see nothing to suggest we are trying to play anything meaningful.

The worst part is, every game is a carbon copy.

Brands doesn't just sign the players lad lol

"Our approach now is to have a Director of Football with a broader remit, responsible for the whole footballing strategy at the Club, rather than just player recruitment"

The manager is firmly on Marcel Brands.

Brands didn't hire Silva and Brands also can't sack Silva as it's going to have to come from Moshiri's pockets. Don't be naive.

Clue is in his job title.

Director of football.

Brands made the decision to stick with Marco Silva.

The longer Silva is Everton manager, the more focus will start to turn towards Brands.

Pretty simple and basic stuff, really.
well it would have been harsh to sack him after beating Chelsea/Arsenal/United and drawing with a very good Liverpool team.
He earned this season but I don't think Brands would have guessed he would have started like this.
Two DM's at home to Sheff United, Constantly picking Morgan the usual.

Brands doesn't just sign the players lad lol

"Our approach now is to have a Director of Football with a broader remit, responsible for the whole footballing strategy at the Club, rather than just player recruitment"

The manager is firmly on Marcel Brands.

Unless Brands is training the players, setting the tactics and picking the team, which hes not.

I get what your saying, Brands is the 1 keeping him in a job, but hes not the 1 failing to motivate these players.

Clue is in his job title.

Director of football.

Brands made the decision to stick with Marco Silva.

The longer Silva is Everton manager, the more focus will start to turn towards Brands.

Pretty simple and basic stuff, really.

Thought we had covered this the other day. His run at the end of the season meant they gave him a chance to go into this season. If they had sacked him then, it would have looked ridiculous.

It's a gamble that has obviously failed. But I wouldn't have sacked him on the back of last season finish would you?

Not sure how you can't grasp that.

Brands didn't hire Silva and Brands also can't sack Silva as it's going to have to come from Moshiri's pockets. Don't be naive.

lol

If Brands says sack Silva, Silva will be sacked.

Brands will be responsible for appointing the next Everton manager.

What do you all think his job is?!

Im all on for supporting a manager. But this is clueless. Zonal marking. Sideways passing. 2 defensive midfielders. Snides the most dispicable player who has ever worn the shirt getting starts. Dcl up top. Its laughable and sackable. Out.

Unless Brands is training the players, setting the tactics and picking the team, which hes not.

I get what your saying, Brands is the 1 keeping him in a job, but hes not the 1 failing to motivate these players.

My whole point.

The longer it goes on, focus will start to go to Brands.

Yes

Our approach now is to have a Director of Football with a broader remit, responsible for the whole footballing strategy at the Club, rather than just player recruitment.

yes, strategy

That implies ensuring that the youngsters have a clear plan through the to the first team if they’re good enough

he works with the manager to find players to suit his formation

he does not set the formation or pick the players every weekend

This is sad all round now, I don't think he will get this back. They may give him a few games after the international break to see if he can do what he did in February, but it is plain to see he is not up to it.

I don't know why were we brave against City and looked like scoring but have shrunk back into our shells. Yes you can't help a player getting sent off but if we had anything about us we would already be ahead on the scoresheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.