Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok so instead of;

Mina/ Keane....?
Schneiderlin...?
Sigurdsson...?

For me, the main issue we have is the centre backs have no real pace and dont work together and the centre midfield is disjointed.

With only 2 senior centre backs + gomes/gbamin out im not sure what options he has?

The two positions i wanted strengthening and weve been left in a real pickle.

This has been exposed a few times this season. Keane looks like the Keane under Koeman, which I think is mainly because Mina is an absolute divvy and has zero positional sense or concentration skills.

Our midfield is so weak at the minute with Gbamin and Gomes. Sigurdsson has been awful and needs dropping. As for our CF's - so long having to persist with DCL, our creative players don't trust our CF and ignore him. Bad Bad times

I think he’s been tasked with Europe this season. Until it’s impossible to achieve that he’s safe. He’d have to go full blown Koeman to get fired mid season. That said if he goes out the cup and loses to City and Burnley he will be in that territory.

This has been exposed a few times this season. Keane looks like the Keane under Koeman, which I think is mainly because Mina is an absolute divvy and has zero positional sense or concentration skills.

Our midfield is so weak at the minute with Gbamin and Gomes. Sigurdsson has been awful and needs dropping. As for our CF's - so long having to persist with DCL, our creative players don't trust our CF and ignore him. Bad Bad times

Mina looks next level for Colombia though and was in every team of the year in the league when he was in south america.

Keane has reverted to type.

Both of them need a fast centre back alongside them to cover.

I’m talking generally, not particularly about Gravy chops. Mourinho for instance, doesn’t play exciting football but he gets results.
Mourinho is yesterday's man; Allardyce's tactics but played by the most expensive players. After starting the 2018-19 season with just seven wins in the first 17 Premier League games, leaving Manchester United 19 points behind the league leaders, Mourinho was sacked by the club on 18 December 2018. And he is still out of work; clubs haven't actually been chasing him.

It’s a tricky one.......play hideous footie but get results, or play beautiful footie and get beat 4-3 every week. Hmmm. I know which I’d choose atm.
But that is not the choice, is it? There is no clear link between attractive football and winning games, or vice versa. Ask Guardiola or Klopp.

In our present position, we want reasonable success from reasonably attractive football at a reasonable cost.

So we can't afford Mourinho himself, or his big buys, or risk his negative style of football.

Mourinho is yesterday's man; Allardyce's tactics but played by the most expensive players. After starting the 2018-19 season with just seven wins in the first 17 Premier League games, leaving Manchester United 19 points behind the league leaders, Mourinho was sacked by the club on 18 December 2018. And he is still out of work; clubs haven't actually been chasing him.

yer mate fat sam and 2 time champions league and multiple league winner jose mourinho are the same

mourinho finished 2nd with basically the same team united have now ( or at least had last season )

if we got him ( which we wont ) he would be the biggest thing to happen to this club in my life time, an absolute genius is jose

Status
Not open for further replies.