• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes did create some good footballing partnerships such as Baines and pienaar, people forget we did play decent football under Moyes, I think the gripe is that we didn’t beat the top 6 away from home under his management, but we often went to places and took points, anfield, ethiad, Stamford bridge
He did but it took him a very long time building. I just dont see him doing much better with this squad we would probably my just concede less and be more organised. It's not inspiring when you look at the flair we have, we need someone more attacking.

Arsenal 7-0 Everton
Everton 1-4 West Bromwich Albion
Everton 1-4 Arsenal (Twice)
Everton 1-4 Blackburn Rovers
Everton 0-4 Bolton Wanderers
Aston Villa 4-0 Everton
Dinamo Bucharest 5-1 Everton
West Bromwich Albion 4-0 Everton
Tottenham Hotspur 5-2 Everton
Manchester City 5-1 Everton
Everton 1-6 Arsenal

Not that hard to be fair...

Get your point but he did miracles on a shoestring budget mate.
Did a massively better job than Martinez , Koeman , and Silva.

I made a comment in the week and said that I’d take Moyes back. The club has never been run properly since he left.
He went to United which he hasn’t been forgiven for.
Who wouldn’t take the United job when offered it?

Fair enough. What I think people recall from Moyes was that we had stability and often finished in top 6 on a relatively small budget. He left to go to Utd, no manager at the time would have turned that opportunity down.

No I think that's fair enough, he didn't have to skip down the street to do so though, nor did he have to lie to the club about being approached and act all billy big balls towards little Everton once he was in the United job. I reckon he regrets that though, I don't think he is a bad bloke or anything.

Stability works both ways. Could another manager (of any club) work these miracles as some put it with 11 years of backing (maybe not on the money side of things but the trust for him to do his own thing)? Its very rare a manager gets that. Mainly because there is always a wobble. Moyes got his wobble out the way in season 2 thankfully so there was just about enough faith built up to carry on.

There were 4 "big" clubs back then, there are 6 now so it is kind of like finishing 7th or 8th now possibly?

It wasn't. Martinez's defensive record was because he brought in Gareth Barry and James McCarthy who were brilliant that season in protecting the back 4 and also because we went at teams more often than not meaning they didn't have as many chances to score.
utter bollocks, Martinez was handed a team that knew how to defend under Moyes and he turned it to crap and that is why he got the sack.

Get your point but he did miracles on a shoestring budget mate.
Did a massively better job than Martinez , Koeman , and Silva.

That's not really high praise though is it? None of them got or will get 11 years (and rightfully so)

Miracles is giving it too much credit I think. He did a solid job, it must have been nice for him to work without on fear of getting the sack though.

I made a comment in the week and said that I’d take Moyes back. The club has never been run properly since he left.
He went to United which he hasn’t been forgiven for.
Who wouldn’t take the United job when offered it?

Our next manager needs to be one everyone can get behind 100%. Without that we are doomed to repeat what we have been doing the past few years.

Moyes is not that person.

Even though I gave you the reasons why the defence improved under Martinez in his first season?

If you want to ignore the obvious then fine.
The reasons you gave we’re not valid...to state Martinez was a good defensive coach defies logic and what really happened under his management.

Status
Not open for further replies.