• Naw

Votes: 483 66.6%
  • Cheese on wor toast

Votes: 39 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez defensive record was down to Moyes, he handed over a well schooled solid defensive and brown shoes turned it into a shadow of its former self till he was sacked...for his defensive coaching.

Oh yes a good defence is a foundation to all things great. No doubt in my mind Moyes could organise a defence and neither do I buy into revisionist clap trap of his boring set up However, that time has now past for Moyes. Surely their is a contemporary out there.

You mean the aged central defenders who no had the legs. Not exactly Martinez's fault, was it?

As for getting Moyes back, big fat no. He is history and we nee to move forward. Getting stuck in nostalgic thinking isn't going to help anyone.
I’m talking about schooling a team to defend, having a defensive shape to the side when we didn’t have the ball, this was something Moyes excelled at and Martinez didn’t thinking he could turn any side into Barcelona under his coaching methods, which is why he got the sack.

That's not really high praise though is it? None of them got or will get 11 years (and rightfully so)

Miracles is giving it too much credit I think. He did a solid job, it must have been nice for him to work without on fear of getting the sack though.

Have a look at the teamsheets for the results you highlighted before mate.
The resources available to Martinez , Koeman and Silva are in a different stratosphere.
If you factor in the resources that were available to Moyes were largely a credit to his shrewd transfers (in the main) .
Then compare what he inherited as a squad when he came in after Smith etc.
He was phenomenal. A bit dull , pragmatic , whatever you want to call it , but he did a great job , in difficult circumstances.

I’m talking about schooling a team to defend, having a defensive shape to the side when we didn’t have the ball, this was something Moyes excelled at and Martinez didn’t thinking he could turn any side into Barcelona under his coaching methods, which is why he got the sack.

A la Sam Allardyce. Didn't end well did it?

Just imagine if Moyes had had no association with this club would fans be happy to take a manager who...

Took United backwards rapidly and lasted just 10 months.

Took Real Sociedad backwards and again lasted less than a year. (might have been better had he been arsed to learn the lingo)

Then took Sunderland down plus was dumped by West Ham after just 6 months then spent nearly 18 months on the dole.

Blues would be going mad at such an uninspiring appointment.

Last edited:
Just imagine if Moyes had had no association with this club would fans be happy to take a manager who...

Took Real Sociedad backwards and lasted less than a year. (might have been better had he been arsed to learn the lingo)

Took Sunderland down and then was dumped by West Ham after just 6 months then spent nearly 18 months on the dole.

Be like been linked with alan pardew or mark Hughes.

I’d take anyone at the moment. If we lose against city next week that’s 7pts from 7 games. Won’t get an easier run of 7 all season. 4 at home and mostly against ‘bottom half’ teams. Definitely relegation form. I’d be less concerned if we had been unlucky in games but we have just been dire. Genuinely think if we stick with him we could get sucked in and this squad don’t have the fight to get back out.

Rather us go bust tbh.

One in three record with hundreds of millions spent.

Pathetic man. Absolute myth.
May I point out our current manager’s premier league experience consists of getting relegated, and getting fired by Watford. I think Howe has a slightly better C.V. Than that...

Took Real Sociedad backwards and lasted less than a year. (might have been better had he been arsed to learn the lingo)

Then took Sunderland down plus was dumped by West Ham after just 6 months then spent nearly 18 months on the dole.

The United demise was nothing to do with him. The CEO effectively screwed him. They are hardly at Sir Alex levels after Mourinho , Van Gaal , etc., and hundreds of millions wasted into the bargain either , which he was never given to spend.
Sunderland were doomed from the outset , hence their current status in the 3rd level,
He did a good job at WHU .
Many ways to interpret things mate !

The United demise was nothing to do with him. The CEO effectively screwed him. They are hardly at Sir Alex levels after Mourinho , Van Gaal , etc., and hundreds of millions wasted into the bargain either , which he was never given to spend.
Sunderland were doomed from the outset , hence their current status in the 3rd level,

You can spin it whatever way you want, but the absolute fact he lasted less than a year in every job he's had since he left this club tells you everything you need to know.

United won the league the season before he joined. They were abysmal under him.
Why did west ham not offer him a new contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.