Everton 0-4 Bolton Wanderers
Aston Villa 4-0 Everton
Dinamo Bucharest 5-1 Everton
West Bromwich Albion 4-0 Everton
Tottenham Hotspur 5-2 Everton
Manchester City 5-1 Everton
Everton 1-6 Arsenal

Not that hard to be fair...
Constant top 6 side and defying the odds based on solid defending to reach the top 4 with net spends of 5m.

Is that over 11 years?

Well there were a load of 3's and some 4's that I didn't bother with. Lots of good results too obviously

His defence wasn't THAT great. It would always let you down when you needed it most and was on the receiving end of some absolute hammerings. I am just sick of people pretending that we were some impenetrable monster under Moyes, we were not. It annoys me almost as much as people saying that we were dull and workmanlike under him as we played some very nice football under him too.

Well there were a load of 3's and some 4's that I didn't bother with. Lots of good results too obviously

His defence wasn't THAT great. It would always let you down when you needed it most and was on the receiving end of some absolute hammerings. I am just sick of people pretending that we were some impenetrable monster under Moyes, we were not. It annoys me almost as much as people saying that we were dull and workmanlike under him as we played some very nice football under him too.
Fair enough. What I think people recall from Moyes was that we had stability and often finished in top 6 on a relatively small budget. He left to go to Utd, no manager at the time would have turned that opportunity down.

Martinez defensive record was down to Moyes, he handed over a well schooled solid defensive and brown shoes turned it into a shadow of its former self till he was sacked...for his defensive coaching.

It wasn't. Martinez's defensive record was because he brought in Gareth Barry and James McCarthy who were brilliant that season in protecting the back 4 and also because we went at teams more often than not meaning they didn't have as many chances to score.

No he wouldn't be able to do much more than organise this team. We need someone to inspire and who plays fast flowing football.

Yes, the one thing he never had was money,

He did have money. He spent most if it on wages rises for the players we had (good signings generally)

The times he had a lot of money he spent it on the likes of Kroldrup, Beattie and Bily.

Give him loads of money fine but tell him he is only allowed to spend 10m per player. That could work...

No he wouldn't be able to do much more than organise this team. We need someone to inspire and who plays fast flowing football.
Moyes did create some good footballing partnerships such as Baines and pienaar, people forget we did play decent football under Moyes, I think the gripe is that we didn’t beat the top 6 away from home under his management, but we often went to places and took points, anfield, ethiad, Stamford bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.