2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we expect Silva to get us in the top 6 if we don’t have even close to top 6 talent? I’m not saying it’s impossible that it won’t happen this year, but there’s still a pretty significant talent gap.
I disagree with that pretty large. The one thing we massively lack is a top 6 attack but everything else we have players that are as good if not better than at least SOMEONE in the top 6. Pickford is better than Lloris, Leno, Kepa(and I don't even think he's that good), Digne really is the best LB in the league, Gomes walks in to Arsenal and probably Chelsea and Spurs, etc

We may not have top TWO talent but we defintely have top 6 talent without a doubt.

Even with everyone healthy, we lack a LOT in central midfield. Gbamin is also a good athlete, but he's more physical vs. quick. We just need that dynamic 8 that can run like a madman and both create and disrupt. Hard to find, not cheap, but man do we need it.
Agee, you see the yawning gap between the two midfielders and Sig/DCL in the last game. We need someone who can drive into that space, get us up the park and someone who can harry, basically the job Gana was doing at the end of his time at Everton.

Make all the excuses you want for Silva, facts are facts.

His squad man for man is miles better than Bournemouth’s, Aston villas and crystal palaces.

Yet he can’t get a result other than one draw. Absolute garbage management with those resources at his disposal.
Hel come good and get a few wins soon.

His lack of making a positive effect during the match is what is bothering me the most. Not in a single game you would say "Silva has taken an action and it turned the game around". Whenever we get behind against teams like Bournemouth, fans and the players know that it is a lost cause after that point and Silva is watching like everybody else.

I disagree with that pretty large. The one thing we massively lack is a top 6 attack but everything else we have players that are as good if not better than at least SOMEONE in the top 6. Pickford is better than Lloris, Leno, Kepa(and I don't even think he's that good), Digne really is the best LB in the league, Gomes walks in to Arsenal and probably Chelsea and Spurs, etc

We may not have top TWO talent but we defintely have top 6 talent without a doubt.
We have it in patches.
We are definitely below standard up front. We are also struggling in centre mid.
The forward line is a huge problem and it’s why we won’t get top six.

The trouble is we are too predictable, we could predict the line up for this week, it never changes. Even if we are not doing well, like now. Bournemouth 3rd, playing 4-4-2, Leicester won the league playing 4-4-2. We`ve used 4-4-2 quite alot this season when chasing games and we dont look to bad with it. Wolves and Sheffield Utd both play 2 up front in a 3-5-2, Wolves were a constant threat at GP. Man City use a 4-1-4-1 which is defensively sound whilst can be very attacking when it turns in to a 4-3-3, but they do not use this CAM (As a coach I hate that term). Do we use this to accommodate Sigurdsson who doesnt look anywhere near it this season, I`d rather a holding midfield player with two box to box midfielders.

My point is Marco is intent on getting the 4-2-3-1 to work, but it just isnt at the moment, its easy to blame the players all the time but the manager has to find a system that suits them and not vice versa. This shows a degree of inflexibility, yet MB called him a modern coach, not showing it at the moment.

Reactions: ozz

Status
Not open for further replies.