Match Thread Everton v Sheffield United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see a fresh approach, none of this 4 2 3 1 garbage we see every week

drop DCL, drop morgan, drop siggy ( unless we see a formation change ) and drop coleman

I'd say drop keane as well but we haven't anyone to replace him

Probably win tomorrow.

However, I don't think that's enough alone.

What we, the fans, need to see is not just a win but a completely dominant 90 min performance, we rarely give teams an absolute battering.

There's a danger of this season mimicing last season. A so so underwhelming start. Fall apart over Christmas, then suddenly revitalize once the pressures off and European football has already disappeared over the horizon.

Starts tomorrow, need to lay a marker and take them to the cleaners.

I don’t see how we expected anything too different, we made a couple of good signings but we never bought better players than we already have. Possibly Kean is an upgrade but it will take time with him.
Our teams, formation and subs etc are so predictable every week.

---------------Pickford------------------

Coleman--Mina--Keane---Digne

----------------Delph--------------------

Iwobi--------Sigurdsson-----Bernard

---------Kean-------Richarlison---------

Not an easy one to predict but Silva has been banging on about our great home form (as opposed to our shabite away form) all week so he has to ensure a win here. They will be looking at this as a game they should get a point from.The gulf in class between our international funboy suerstars and their lower league dross should see a comfortable win but overlay that with the Everton-that factor and you get a 1-1 draw with them scoring in either the first or last 5 minutes. Won't be a game for the faint hearted I fear.

Yea he's lost a step and isn't all that great anymore. I won't dispute that. But that happens to players who hit 30 and had one of their lower extremities mangled a couple years back. The real problem is that he really works hard and cares about the club. It just makes the try not-at-alls like Morgan look bad on the pitch and destroys our collective apathetic team chemistry.
I love Coleman, nobody questions he love for the club and passion on the pitch. But the last game he gave the ball away too much and isn't clinical in the box / poor crossing. I doubt he will get dropped mind...

Maybe we could just play Delph in front of the back four and then have two up top.
I would like to see Kean and Tosun as the two strikers, Kean to do the mobile stuff and Cenk to do the goal hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.