Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched an entertaining game at Hull City today hoping to see Josh Bowler get a game.
He was on the bench though coming on in the 80th minute. His first touch was to thread a lovely ball through that caught the centre forward a fraction offside. Matthew Pennington never got on.
Star of the game for me was Antonee Robinson for Wigan. Head and shoulders above the rest. Touch and movement off the ball excellent.

(Not much going on for today's look!)

Championship
Hull City - Josh Bowler (as above) came on in the 80th minute of a 2-2 home draw with Wigan Athletic
Matthew Pennington was an unused substitute in that match

Derby County - Kieran Dowell was an unused substitute on Friday evening
Reading - Joao Virginia was an unused substitute

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started on the bench and came on in the 70th minute of a 0-0 home draw with Coventry City

Twitter stuff
"81. POST! Oh it doesn't get any closer than that. Not an inch. Broadhead's stunning free kick is round the wall, Marosi is nowhere near, it bounces off the inside of the post and out."

Lincoln City - Callum Connolly started and was substituted in the 72nd minute of a 0-1 home defeat to Bristol Rovers

Twitter stuff
2' The ball lands at the feet of Bostwick, who fires towards goal on the half volley, it's blocked, with huge handball appeals waved away by the referee. Connolly heads over from the second corner.

Fan comments
Connolly 6 don't notice him loads, when he made a mistake made up for it well.
Connolly - 5.5. Not very effective most of the time.
Connelly 6 Still settling into the team but unable to impose himself on the match

Korede Adedoyin was not in matchday squad.

I very rarely disagree with you Eggs, but, Jonjoe has played under three different managers,came into a struggling team, wasleft to fend for himself instead of being guided by senior players, they were struggling themselves, Jonjoe had more good games than bad ones but never had a consistent run of games, in fact after a poor game versus Newcastle, when he was picked about ten minutes before the game started after Colman took ill when due to play, Jonjoe never got many minutes in the team, if any.

Jonjoe has had the bottle to go to Germany and pick up on his career, I’ve watched him since he was sixteen and he has improved every year, IMO, there is little difference now between him and Seamus, who I like, don’t know about the new full back, who is a French international but is coming back after a bad injury, but I’m backing Jonjoe to come back and become a permanent member of the Everton squad. It remains to be seen if young players are going to get a real chance at Everton which seemed to be the future way of working under Brands, but looks like it has stalled a bit with the way Silva operates. I hope I am wrong about that.

Totally agree about Kenny. I think his season is all about getting him games and boosting his confidence and experience before returning next summer.

However, in terms of young players under silva...

Mina, Gbamin, Richarlison, Iwobi and Kean have all been signed at u23 age.

In addition, Davies, DCL and Kenny himself have all been handed opportunities.

Totally agree about Kenny. I think his season is all about getting him games and boosting his confidence and experience before returning next summer.

However, in terms of young players under silva...

Mina, Gbamin, Richarlison, Iwobi and Kean have all been signed at u23 age.

In addition, Davies, DCL and Kenny himself have all been handed opportunities.
Yes the players signed look to be sensible and we will make money on them if they go, so no problems with them. Regarding Davies and Kenny their opportunities seem to have rescinded quite a bit since January.

Its early days. But the german league looks the perfect place to develop young players. He will be our rb next year. Coleman to celtic.
I really hope he continues to improve. The worst thing would be for him to return and then sit on the bench after a great season.
He is either first choice right back or we sell him while his value is high.
I personally hope he comes back good enough to be our RB. It will let us put our transfer budget into another area of the squad.

I really hope he continues to improve. The worst thing would be for him to return and then sit on the bench after a great season.
He is either first choice right back or we sell him while his value is high.
I personally hope he comes back good enough to be our RB. It will let us put our transfer budget into another area of the squad.
But isn’t Sidibe on loan with an option to buy? Really can’t see us having Coleman, Sidibe and Kenny here next season.

But isn’t Sidibe on loan with an option to buy? Really can’t see us having Coleman, Sidibe and Kenny here next season.

I think if Kenny has a blinder this season he will come back first choice and then I think it will be take the option to buy Sidibe and let Coleman go. However if Coleman keeps Sidibe out the team I think we will get one more year out of him as a changing over season and Sidibe will be sent back.

(Not much going on for today's look!)

Championship
Hull City - Josh Bowler (as above) came on in the 80th minute of a 2-2 home draw with Wigan Athletic
Matthew Pennington was an unused substitute in that match

Derby County - Kieran Dowell was an unused substitute on Friday evening
Reading - Joao Virginia was an unused substitute

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started on the bench and came on in the 70th minute of a 0-0 home draw with Coventry City

Twitter stuff
"81. POST! Oh it doesn't get any closer than that. Not an inch. Broadhead's stunning free kick is round the wall, Marosi is nowhere near, it bounces off the inside of the post and out."

Lincoln City - Callum Connolly started and was substituted in the 72nd minute of a 0-1 home defeat to Bristol Rovers

Twitter stuff
2' The ball lands at the feet of Bostwick, who fires towards goal on the half volley, it's blocked, with huge handball appeals waved away by the referee. Connolly heads over from the second corner.

Fan comments
Connolly 6 don't notice him loads, when he made a mistake made up for it well.
Connolly - 5.5. Not very effective most of the time.
Connelly 6 Still settling into the team but unable to impose himself on the match

Korede Adedoyin was not in matchday squad.
Thanks for those updates atrttel, is Adedoyin at Hamilton Acad? If he is, has he played any games for them at any level since he went there in the summer?

Thanks for those updates atrttel, is Adedoyin at Hamilton Acad? If he is, has he played any games for them at any level since he went there in the summer?
He's played a couple of times for the Reserve/Youth side (I think the SPL sides have to play U23 squads in the Tunnock Caramel Wafer Cup).

He's a young lad and I imagine it is a bit of a culture shock going from Finch Farm to the delights of Hamilton...

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match and was booked in 1-5 away win over Paderborn 07

"before Harit added a third, curling home from just inside the box after excellent British-American cooperation between August Rookie winner Jonjoe Kenny and substitute Weston McKennie to set up the Morocco international."
"A game after scoring his first Bundesliga goal, Kenny now has his first assist in the German top flight."

Fan comments
"Before the Paderborn goal he let the winger cross almost undisturbed - he will learn from that. But his assist for the Schalke goal was a good one."
"Played well today, although there could be more end-product from his crossing."
"He was good against Hertha - today not so much. Unfortunately his co-worker (on the right) seems to lose the ball all the time so much of Schalke's game went down the opposite flank."

Fraser Hornby was an unused sub for KV Kortrijk.

League One
Burton Albion - Nathan Broadhead started and was substituted in the 83rd minute of a 2-2 away draw with Portsmouth

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
14. Broadhead gets a run on the back four and looks to curl one at goal but his effort is over the bar.
45+1. Broadhead speeds past his man in the box and goes to ground as MacGillivray slides out to claim. No penalty given despite the appeals of the #Brewers fans away to our right.
83. As with Sarkic, plenty of effort from Nathan again tonight. He's off, Bucko is on.

Lincoln City - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in 1-1 away draw with Rochdale

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
55' Connolly goes into the book for a foul on Camps on the edge of the Rochdale area.

Fan comments
"Connolly is fond of the long raking crossfield pass. However, he did play one decent diagonal pass, which released Harry/Bruno down the left. More of the same, please."
"He was better last half an hour definitely. When Rochdale set in he was very good at dictating the game and hitting passes from side to side, helped get toffolo and andrade playing around their box. Was less good at playing passes through the lines or getting hold of it when they were on top for the first half."
"Connolly was good 2nd half. Would like to see him at CB when we’re controlling games so we can get more further forwards and control higher up."
"Connolly looks a little lost in CM but could be a very useful CB. Has good reviews from playing there at previous clubs..."

I very rarely disagree with you Eggs, but, Jonjoe has played under three different managers,came into a struggling team, wasleft to fend for himself instead of being guided by senior players, they were struggling themselves, Jonjoe had more good games than bad ones but never had a consistent run of games, in fact after a poor game versus Newcastle, when he was picked about ten minutes before the game started after Colman took ill when due to play, Jonjoe never got many minutes in the team, if any.

Jonjoe has had the bottle to go to Germany and pick up on his career, I’ve watched him since he was sixteen and he has improved every year, IMO, there is little difference now between him and Seamus, who I like, don’t know about the new full back, who is a French international but is coming back after a bad injury, but I’m backing Jonjoe to come back and become a permanent member of the Everton squad. It remains to be seen if young players are going to get a real chance at Everton which seemed to be the future way of working under Brands, but looks like it has stalled a bit with the way Silva operates. I hope I am wrong about that.

...as I said, i’d be delighted if these lads come through at Everton but it’s Silva/Brands opinion that counts, and if these players were highly rated then the manager would want access to them. Also, history suggests Academy players sent on loan have a very poor conversion rate of having a career with us.

I can think of only Barkley and Osman who went on loan and then played 50 first team games, and both of those had significant injuries at key stages in their careers.

I’m just saying the signs aren’t good that Kenny or any of the other loanees will have a future with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.