The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a mediocre squad, a mediocre manager, neither or both ?

The start to our season has not been what we wanted but it isn't time to push the panic button yet. Yes, I want results but at first I will accept performances and if the performance is right the results will follow.

Would a different manager( Pep, Klopp or Pochettino) do much better with the squad of players at the club at the moment ?

The start to our season has not been what we wanted but it isn't time to push the panic button yet. Yes, I want results but at first I will accept performances and if the performance is right the results will follow.

Would a different manager( Pep, Klopp or Pochettino) do much better with the squad of players at the club at the moment ?

weve had one the easiest starts on paer that weve had in years and are lying 11th in the table..

this already tells me that we are in for a very long hard season.

dropping points to these teams so early on will impact us at the end of the season bigtime, esp if we are miraculously in the running for Europe

weve had one the easiest starts on paer that weve had in years and are lying 11th in the table..

this already tells me that we are in for a very long hard season.

dropping points to these teams so early on will impact us at the end of the season bigtime, esp if we are miraculously in the running for Europe
That is a worry but strangely last season it was a run of games against the better teams that galvanised our season.

It's amazing how quickly those performances at the end of last season are forgotten. I was also depressed by the overall performance at Bournemouth but it takes time. Losing Gana, not getting Zouma, and Gmbamin getting injured are massive blows as they have all contributed to the erratic performances so far this season. I'm not so sure now if our "easy" start to the season has helped because there was a general feeling that we'd be comfortably in the top 4 by now. The one positive thing is that it looks like there is only one team that seems to be uncatchable.

Personally I never buy that it was an easy start it's never easy for us. It usually takes us months to get going because our preseasons are poor and we bring in players in late. But still our away performance is still rank rotten and unacceptable.

The last few seasons do paint a familiar picture, we do seem to have a culture of doing just enough to get by. We are not going to get involved in a serious relegation scrap but neither are we going to stretch ourselves enough to seriously challenge the top six. I see us returning to winning ways this weekend, just. We will then stumble to defeats at home to City. The players really need to stop pretending to try or think they are trying and start putting in the preformances supporters deserve and preformances their big wages demand but how many times has this been said since the demise of those brown shoes.

Would a different manager( Pep, Klopp or Pochettino) do much better with the squad of players at the club at t kihe moment ?
The answer about pep and klopp is a big fat Yes.
As much as I hate klopp cos of the RS. I would have loved him to be our manager before he went to the rs.
Players want to play for him, he gets them playing the way he wants very energetic on the line. Do you think klopp would have sat down in his dugout being 3-1 down?
Still undecided on Silva but wow he does seem miserable most of the time. Maybe just me but I want my manager to feel about Everton the way I feel about them.

Everton is like inviting this stunning woman over for dinner , all is going well but you want to score tonight so you open the wine cabinet to get out a fine bottle of wine , you have 4 bottles , 1 is corked (Naisse) , 1 is a light mediocre wine (DCL) , the other 1 is a reduced price supermarket wine that still no one wants (Tosun) and the other is a wine that could potentially be excellent but needs a couple of years to age. (Kean) , So you close the cabinet , pull your zip back up and watch as she F's off to someone else who is capable of scoring !

The answer about pep and klopp is a big fat Yes.
As much as I hate klopp cos of the RS. I would have loved him to be our manager before he went to the rs.
Players want to play for him, he gets them playing the way he wants very energetic on the line. Do you think klopp would have sat down in his dugout being 3-1 down?
Still undecided on Silva but wow he does seem miserable most of the time. Maybe just me but I want my manager to feel about Everton the way I feel about them.

Agreed, to me it seems Silva shows passion when we score and/or win but retreats into silence when things are going badly. The impact of an injection of passion from the sideline is probably overrated and can't ever compensate for tactics and organisation, but it can count for something.

I really like Conte in that aspect, but he can back it up with ability as well. I'd love an Everton manager getting as passionate as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.